1 Year, 121 lbs lighter

Options
dml941
dml941 Posts: 3 Member
I am celebrating my one year anniversary this week since I began my lifestyle change. I never viewed it as a diet but more a change in direction. I have done diets before and they have never been sustainable very long. It has been challenging at times but more often than not I focused on other things to get me through. I am busy with life at home, a small daughter, a professional career, and am currently pursuing my doctorate.

I have really noticed how peoples reactions have changed to me. Some friends and colleagues barely recognize me. I get treated better now that I weigh less and people are much more willing to just talk to me. The psychological aspect of weight loss has been hard because while I see the new self in the mirror, I am still the same person. I love the energy and flexibility I have now. I would never want to go back to the way I was. The challenge that lays before me now is I want to be more defined in regards to muscle mass. I do strength training now but it is not giving me what I need.

I started at 329.5lbs and now am at 208. I want to be under 200. I know I will get there, I just need to keep pushing myself. Feel free to message me or add me as a friend if you want to talk more.

Dennis

Replies

• CalPolyBronco
    CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You will get there! However, I have to applaud you for all the hard work you've already put in! That's amazing. No one loses 121 lbs without some serious blood, sweat and tears. Go you! :drinker:
  • strangeone25
    strangeone25 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You have done incredible. You will definitely reach your goal of being under 200. Congratulations on your one year anniversary!
  • Rellifox
    Rellifox Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You should be very proud.
  • jennybauer
    Options
    Great job!! Congrats!! Go YOU!!!
  • accokeekjudi
    accokeekjudi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary!! You have done a fantastic job . . . an inspiration for us all . . . keep up the great work -- you will reach your ultimate goal for sure!!
  • theguy12
    theguy12 Posts: 156
    Options
    Can you please share the things you did to lose that much weight that fast?

I have about 100 pounds I would like to use in a year. No idea how to do it though.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!