Been here a while but need a new push...

Options
My motivation is quickly leaving me. I've been down and going for emotional eating (and sleeping). My knees are killing me so I'm avoiding workouts....I need some extra support...I don't really know what i need but I need something...

Replies

• wyze
    wyze Posts: 248
    Options
    Hey sorry to hear that things are rough. If exercising is painful, try to stick to eating the allocated amount of calories daily and maybe even go 100 calories below. You will still lose weight that way. Keep your head up and dont give up
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I've been your MFP friend pretty much since we both joined in August. I can say that's you've always done very well - you've worked very very hard and it shows. I am so very proud of you.

I'm in the same boat too. I don't know what's different - maybe that there's almost no sunshine for days on end. the cold, the busy schedule or what, but I've been having a very hard time as well for about 3 weeks. I think we can help each other through this hurdle.

I've even heard that marathoners hit an emotional "wall" about 15 km in. They feel that they can't possibly finish, question why they started etc. Many bail at that point, but for those that dig deep and push through, they get the pleasure and pride of succeeding and all the wonderfulness that comes with achieving their goals.

I think weightloss is like a marathon. Sometimes you feel invincible, and sometimes you feel like you've hit the wall.

I don't know about you but I'm not willing to go back to the life I had before I joined MFP. I don't want thick swollen ankles anymore. I don't want to be winded bending over to tie my shoes anymore. I don't want any of the crap that goes along with being a bigger size. And I certainly don't want to undo what I've already accomplished. I say we work together and beat our way through this wall. We can do this!!!
  • ghostlung
    ghostlung Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Emotional eating or boredom is the most difficult challenge for me! I end up feeling guilty and will over work myself only to become exhausted. I came down with the flu two months ago, and couldn't work out for 2 weeks. I felt terrible. I knew I had to ease back into because I was weak and out of my routine. If your body aches, start slow. Instead of going in the kitchen, try taking a walk. I have made it a point to get outside for at least 15 min a day. No matter what the weather is like, even if I have to bundle up. Take a walk. Breathe some fresh air and clear your head. I promise you will feel (at least) a little better.
  • amie1979
    Options
    I've been your MFP friend pretty much since we both joined in August. I can say that's you've always done very well - you've worked very very hard and it shows. I am so very proud of you.

I'm in the same boat too. I don't know what's different - maybe that there's almost no sunshine for days on end. the cold, the busy schedule or what, but I've been having a very hard time as well for about 3 weeks. I think we can help each other through this hurdle.

I've even heard that marathoners hit an emotional "wall" about 15 km in. They feel that they can't possibly finish, question why they started etc. Many bail at that point, but for those that dig deep and push through, they get the pleasure and pride of succeeding and all the wonderfulness that comes with achieving their goals.

I think weightloss is like a marathon. Sometimes you feel invincible, and sometimes you feel like you've hit the wall.

I don't know about you but I'm not willing to go back to the life I had before I joined MFP. I don't want thick swollen ankles anymore. I don't want to be winded bending over to tie my shoes anymore. I don't want any of the crap that goes along with being a bigger size. And I certainly don't want to undo what I've already accomplished. I say we work together and beat our way through this wall. We can do this!!!

ive never thought about weightloss as a marathon..but thats the best analogy ive ever heard for it!