No weight loss in a month

Options
Hi everyone. I am 5"4 and 120 lbs. I only lost 2 lbs in 1 month. I am really feeling like I'm about to give up again. I weighed myself today during my TOM but still, that shouldn't matter that much. I eat 1200-1400 calories and exercise off about 200. I am really tired of this, I don't know what else to do.

Replies

• tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Either eat less or get over it. There aren't many more options than that.
  • niricava
    niricava Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    The less you have to lose, the slower it comes off. A 2 lb loss in a month is a good loss. That is 1/2 lb per week and is a good healthy amount. Hang in there and be patient. You can do it!
  • mmcdonald700
    mmcdonald700 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    If you have a small frame your healthy weight range is about 114-127 according to this website http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm. If you have a medium frame you might even be underweight. At most (assuming small frame) you have like 5 lbs to lose and then you will be borderline underweight... losing 0.5/week is a good rate of loss with so little to lose. If you lose more quickly you will definitely lose muscle along with body fat.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    First things first, your TOM *does* matter. A lot. You can gain several pounds of water weight, and to most women, it matters also because it affects our mood and how we see ourselves. Badly.

Then, what people above have said - you are in the middle of healthy BMI right now. You don't have much to lose for sure, so 2 lb per month is quite a loss actually.

And finally - have you considered body recomposition? At your weight and height, it is most probably fat you want to use, and not weight as such. People have seen some fantastic results here on the forum - check it out.