UGH I am my own worst enemy

Options
I know what I have to do, I know what I should be doing. Just when I think I am doing awesome, I become my own worst enemy and I eat nothing but crap. One of these days I hope to wake up and just do what I am supposed to do and that is to eat healthy, stay within my calories allowed and exercise. I was so hungry I just had a donut stick, I didn't bring enough snacks with me. Why didn't I just eat my apple, oh no I go to dunkins and get the donut.

Wake up Tammy, wake the heck up.

Replies

• Jgal8123
    Jgal8123 Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up too badly, Tammy. Everyone goes through the same thing, and backslides are to be expected when you are making long-term changes. Do your best to get back on plan and be consistent as possible.

YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • alassin_sane
    alassin_sane Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Tammy,

Draw a line under the donut and move on. You said it yourself, you already know what you should be doing, so get back to it ASAP.

One donut alone will not undo your efforts so far!

One thing that might help in future might be to put together a little stash of healthier snacks in your desk drawer or whatever, so that they are there to hand if you get hungry (a choice of sweet and savoury would be good). That way if you don't fancy your apple, there should be something else handy that will satisfy you with fewer calories that something from DD. :-)

Amy
  • tammycolbert
    tammycolbert Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thank you both so much for reading my post. I was so mad at myself, but then I was like, you know you shouldn't of had that. I think I will go and get a couple handy little low calorie snacks to keep here at work like suggested. Thank you again and I know I can do this, I have to do this.
  • HelllYeaHH
    HelllYeaHH Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If thats your weak spot you should allow yourself to have some occasionally. Like once every 2 weeks or something. Work the donut in your macros and eat that bad boy!

yummm donuts :D