Options
    Following;)
  • LorriU
    Options
    what is PB2,please?
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I don't love it plain, but I love it added to fat free Greek yogurt with some bananas.
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    what is PB2,please?

I messaged you with detailed information, but for anyone else who may be wondering - it's powdered peanut butter. Basically, the oils of the peanuts are squeezed out so that all that is left is a powder. It can be added to oatmeal or shakes or recipes, or mixed with water to make peanut butter, and is quite tasty, but has way less fat and calories than regular peanut butter. 2Tbsp of PB2 is 45 calories. It comes in chocolate flavor, which I haven't tried but heard tastes like Nutella.

Yum!
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I tried the "Minute PB2 Cookie" recipe from the Bell Plantation site. It's pretty easy: 1 cup PB2, 1 cup sugar, and 1 egg. Mix it all together and then form into balls. Use the bottom of a glass to flatten the balls and then bake for 8 - 10 minutes. I liked it, but I thought it was overly sweet and the crumbly dough was hard to work with. If I do it again I will try 1.5 cup PB2, .5 cup sugar, and two eggs.

I use it to make my morning smoothie: 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 4 tbs PB2, 1 tbs raw honey, and a pinch of xanthan gum. It's 190 calories, 11.1 grams protein, and 4.5 grams fiber.

I think the "Minute PB2 Cookie" recipe would actually make a great graham-cracker style pie crust for gluten-free pies.
  • nicoleduo
    nicoleduo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    pb2 chocolate- no bake cookies! yum ! 2 tblsp pb2, mix with 1 tblsp water, add 1 tblsp honey and 1 pkg instant oatmeal. it doesnt firm up like a no bake cookie but it is a great substitute when i get the craving. i also make it with the regular pb2 and eat it with a apple, taste like a caramel apple. enjoy
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    2 tbsp PB2 (I get generous sometimes and use 4)
    1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (1 tbsp if you use 4 of the PB2)
    1 tbsp jelly, preserves, or jam
    1 tbsp sweetener of your choice
    2 slices of bread

Yum. Best thing since sliced bread.

The pb2/chocolate mix taste good on it's own or with bananas, too.
  • luvnocean
    Options
    Walmart...and here in Utah Harmon's grocery
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I like to take a scoop of PB2 and mix it with marshmallow creme and some nutella.....Then roll that in brownie batter. Swallow it and chase it with a shot of Banana schnapps or rum....Only a fraction of the calories as if you used regular peanut butter.
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    BUMP!! i put it between two oatmeal cookies and make a cookie peanut butter sandwich ahah. (the cookies are Tate's... they're 110 calories for the oatmeal, and 70 for the chocolate. I know it's not too healthy, but it's amazing haha)
  • jeneferphillips89
    Options
    Bumpity bump bu-mp. Love PB2
  • moniiRr
    moniiRr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love Pb2 I kinda freak out when I am close to running out. So far I've found it at GNC , commissaries, and Walmart. I live in a small town so I am sure the bigger cities carry it all over.
    My favorite creation was chocolate Pb2, greek yogurt and a little bit of honey. It seriously is amazing I dip apples in it. I also eat it on top of ricecakes and mix it with my oatmeal :)
  • jackson7478
    jackson7478 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Our Walmart carries it. And the website on the side of the PB2 jar has a ton a different recipes to use it for. Smoothies, entrees, dips, etc. I mix it in with my morning oatmeal also.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I just got this yesterday and I love it. I always hated how regular peanut butter has tons of extra oil.
  • mikemsu
    mikemsu Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love adding it to my protein shakes and my oatmeal. I also like mixing it with water and dipping apple slices into it. :happy:

Ditto!!!
  • marymo8387
    Options
    OH what a great idea!~ breakfast.....tomorrow
  • jazchlo
    jazchlo Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Our Walmart carries it too! It's good to know Kroger does - I live just down the street from a Fred Meyer & didn't know that! Walmart doesn't have the chocolate stuff [I'm pretty sure they just discontinued selling it because I bought the last two jars on clearance], so maybe Freddies does. I seriously love this stuff. I have the chocolate PB2 & a banana for breakfast everyday, & use the regular PB2 with apples. I guess I'm not very picky about my peanut butter, because the texture is fine to me, whether I make it way too thick, or so thin it's runny. I also think the flavor is really good too. I actually like the fact that it's not as sweet as normal peanut butter.

I would check Pinterest for recipes. I really need to try some of these recipes you guys are posting because they look great!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I just ate some date and walnut balls I made with some chocolate PB2 and vanilla paste all wizzed up together(add the walnut towards the end so you get nice little crunchy bits of nuts). So good for a healthy snack! I keep them in the freezer. You can eat them straight out of it, they don't feel frozen at all. I bag them up in lots of two.
  • origwvgirl
    origwvgirl Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Bump