the alli pill

Options
forgive me if this is a repeat topic, but i didnt see any posts about it. i was wondering if anyone has tried it, and if you did, did it/does it work for you? i have it already, and i walk past the bottle everyday thinking, "ill start taking it tomorrow". im sketchy with diet drugs, so i was wondering if anyone else has tried it, and what your thoughts on it were/are

thanks!

Replies

• MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    It's great if you don't mind greasy explosive diarrhea.
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options

bahahaha. I was going to say something similar, but you said it so much better.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    it teaches you to not eat fat..by punishing you if you do!!! the fat has to go somewhere- people say you either stop taking it or learn quickly to eat low fat lol
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I hope you have the reciept for it, because the money you spent on it is worth way more than the pill :laugh: You'd have to pay me to take that stuff, and even then I'd toss it in the garbage.
  • tiffanyb73
    Options
    I've never tried it personally. I am sure there are some ppl that have had success without the explosive diarrhea..however the people that did, had to stay away from pretty much every food known to man! lol I haven't heard a single good story about the stuff unfortunately...
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    It's all fun and games until you cause an oil slick that kills somebody. If you stay within your calorie limit, I doubt you'll need that expensive pill that might cause an embarrassing mishap that you'll never ever live through.
  • amie1979
    Options

and that sentence alone has made me scared to take it now. lol

thanks for the input everyone!
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I checked this on the internet for reviews & they did lose a lot of weight in a short amount of time & also other comments:
    "I used Alli and lost 20 lbs. in three months. I use this product every time I eat any food containing fat. I am not joking when I tell you that I eat anything I want , INCLUDING ICE CREAM, COOKIES, CANDY,CAKE, YOU NAME IT. I eat these foods every day and dont gain any weight. I think that it is a miracle drug. I also eat healthy foods every day. To put it in a nutshell, for the first time in my life, I can eat as much as I want and not gain weight.
    It works well, but as soon as you stop taking this pill, you will gain everything back.... so i dont know about you but i dont think i want to take this for the rest of my life...... stick to a healthy diet, and regular excersise..."
    You have to be really strict with your diet if you are taking Alli. It does block fat, it may help you lose weight but Alli does not work for everyone. But if you are going to try Alli, be sure you buy it from the only store that offers any sort of money back guarantee.

There is 1 serious side effect to REALLY consider before starting this pill

The most common side effect is unexpected, sudden, and explosive diarrhea. Literally pooping your pants. So while you’re at the drug store picking up your Alli, buy yourself some diapers. Alli users are having to carry an extra pair of pants wherever they go - seriously!
    I spent all day in the bathroom and felt miserable. So if you already feel that you know how to eat properly, this pill is not for you and can only make life more embarrassing!"

Alli is a strong diet pill that will help you block fat. Though it has some nasty side effects, it trains you to eat healthy. There is only ONE website that offers Alli with a Satisfaction Guarantee. Visit GNC.com.
  • bkmush
    bkmush Posts: 27
    Options
    I tried it ...total waste of money. I felt NO side effects - I had even had a pill right before a whopper once...nothing. However I also didn't lose any weight. The diet plan that they recommend with it has great tracking tools, menu ideas etc... but nothing that you can't get here for free :) It's a sensible eating plan...the $70 pill just did nothing for me.
  • Pariah
    Pariah Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    think of it this way, alli teaches you to eat right using rewards and consequences.

if you eat too much fat, you are punished with gross nasty diarrhea.

if you don't eat too much fat, you are rewarded with weight loss and no embarrassing trips to the restroom.

But you can still over eat without going over in fat, and then alli really isn't doing anything, you still don't lose weight, you just cut your fat cals.

basically, alli doesn't do anything, you are the one doing all the work, alli is just holding you accountable.
  • asnuff16
    Options
    don't take it. you'll feel so much better and so much prouder losing it on your own. I promise :) if you must take something, use the green tea diet pills. helps burn fat and gives you more energy to work out.
  • Kanakake
    Kanakake Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I did take it and it helped me lose 20lbs. For me it was a great experience and I really dont have anyhting bad to say about it. yes there are side effects but like other said it taught me to control my eating and once I stopped taking the pills I didn't gain any weight back.
  • tez8
    tez8 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi i'm taking the stronger version from the doctor called Xenical it teaches u not too eat more than 15grams of fat per meal or u have the tango effect, i've been on this Feburary and ive lost 4 stone so it does work its all about teaching yourself not to eat too much fat.
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My Doc also put me on Xenical, which is like double strength Alli and as said it does work, but you need to be very very careful with your fat intake. In the end I stopped taking it and decided to try the more healthy approach which has been far more successful so far.

And yes, I dont have fond memories of the "Tango effect" :laugh:
  • kernalwizard
    Options
    The best combination EVER..........myfitnesspal (on your phone if possible) and Alli. Why?

If you religiously and honestly keep your food diary up to date (very easy if you have an app on your phone) and follow and keep within the recommended daily calorie allowance you ARE going to lose weight and you shouldn't have any of the potentially embarrassing anal leakages that you hear about.

I've experienced one 'episode' in the four weeks I've been taking it. Why? I ate too much fat (couldn't resist a slice of cake after my main Sunday family meal which already met my fat allowance) and I still had an alli pill.

The key point is, if you know you're over (or likely to go over) your 15g fat budget for a particular meal you need to make sure that you don't take your usual alli pill. Skip it and resume as normal for the following meal/day.

Truth of it is if you strictly follow your myfitnesspal allowance you will lose weight. The food diary makes you more aware of what you are eating and puts you in control. Alli just boosts whatever weight you would ordinarily lose through myfitnesspal alone.

I guess we're all here for same reason and what works for one may not work for another. For me it's working and I'm loving the results. 11lb's lost in 4 weeks. I'm well pleased.

Once I get down to my target weight I'll stop taking Alli but I think I'll continue to use the myfitnesspal app on my iPhone as my main method of maintaining that target weight.

Good luck whatever you do and however you do it.