LONELY

Options
I am getting married in 15 short weeks - and I've fallen off the wagon for the last 7 days and can't seem to get back on it.

My situation... my fiance' owns a company that makes the majority of their sales during the holidays. He works 18-20 hour days from mid November-mid January. I know it is temporary and I am nothing but supportive of him. He usually works from 12pm in the afternoon until 7am and has asked me to help him out which has required me to help him from around 10pm-4am (I can't make it any longer than that). To add to it all, we do not live together and are 45 minutes apart so I'm driving quite a bit as well. I'
ve been feeling very lonely right now and find myself turning to food for comfort at night. Any suggestions? Anyone have a significant other that works an insane amount? HELP!

Replies

• vanzeem
    vanzeem Posts: 107
    Options
    Maybe you could focus on your wedding plans. Or everytime you want to eat put in a work out video or go for a walk. i'm sure he appreciates the hours you do help....it'll pay off. My husband and i pretty much see each other for an hour or two in the evenings and that's it during the week. It's very hard, but just cherish the time you do get to see him and it'll be over before you know it. :wink:
  • BleacherAddict
    Options
    My boyfriend is nearing the end of his tour in Afghanistan. The nights have been the hardest for me as well. I spent many evenings with a pint of Chunky Monkey and sappy chick flicks! As time went on I realized just how counter-productive this was... I was dwelling on being alone, and I was stuffing in empty calories late into the night. I moved my workouts from the afternoon and now do them around 8 or 9 at night. The gym is less crowded, I have less quiet, alone time, and by the time I get home it's coming up on 10pm and I'm getting ready to head to bed. It's done wonders for me. I know you stated you're working different hours, but hopefully you could alter it to fit your schedule. Good luck, and just remember, it won't last forever!! :smile: