Here is me. I need your help!

Options
I have been over weight nearly all my life. In elementry and Jr. High I was always the chubbiest but not HUGE just heavier. In high school my weight was more or less a roller coaster- up and down. When I was about 16-17 I got to my smallest size ever and coud fit into a size 5! (tightly...but it could happen)....Shortly after turning 17 I met a guy and settled down into that relationship he moved in with me and I got stuck in a downward depressive cycle of sitting at home and eating banana splits every night. My grad 6 months later I hardly squeezed in my grad dress! Thank god I didn't have another month to wait. After grad. my boyfriend and I moved out of town to a bigger city...I was really unhappy with this guy deep down inside but everyone thought we were so happy...I got so 'comfortable and depressed' with where I was in life I always NON STOP turned to food and because I was the one buying the food now that I was out on my own it was soda after soda- bags of chips, chocolate and ICE CREAM!! 3 years of that unhappy relationship I got to my highest weight of about 240lbs. That was it! I had hit MY rock bottom...I signed up for a all girls gym and from the advice of the biggest loser show started counting my calories!...about 4 months later I was down to 209. However at about that point I had alot more self confidence and felt great about the person I was becoming I got up the courage to leave the man I was with!!!....Shortly after life happened and I met another man...the love of my life actually...unexpecting I ended up pregnant only 4 months later. Well, if this was the curve ball life was going to through at me I was going to embrace it and start a happy family even though its not quite what I had planned at the time. I did fairly well at maintaining my weight during my pregnancy I only gained about 30lbs...which is ALOT but it could have been worse and quite frankly I was not eating healthy I had junk food cravings ALL the time. Anyways 9 months later a beautiful little girl was born, I was breast feeding and weight just FELL off me, I could feel it though I never did weigh myself.. my Fiance' and I discussed things and financially we were able to allow myself to stay at home with her for her first year....now 8 months after she was born here I set shoving my face full all the time. Because of my Fiance's hours I don't really have access to a gym. And I can NOT seem to get my butt in gear...I don't have the proper attitude or something is going on. As of Today I am 16days SMOKE FREE! That is my proudest accomplishment today...I have realized now that eating is just like smoking its a bad habbit and I always seem to have the craving for it when I am bored, lonely, sad etc. I must break the cycle and conquer this bad habbit NOW before it gets to out of hand! I need strength and encouragement....I wonder what does everyone do to keep them encouraged and get their butt off the couch. I need the help more now than ever I am back up to nearly 240lbs again, I am scared to even step on a scale to be sure right now.

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Take the plunge, step on the scale and get started...count calories and move it...plain and simple...hope you feel better
  • jessimacar
    Options
    congratulations on getting yourself out of a bad situation, and congrats on the birth of your baby girl!

you managed to lose weight before, you can do it again! start counting your calories, and start doing at home work outs! go on walks with your baby, or play at the park. you should try to do anything that keeps you busy and moving! and stop buying junk! if it's not in the house, it won't be taunting you from the cupboard! Lol.

it took me a loooong time to finally get my *kitten* into gear, and i'm losing weight, even though i don't have the money or time for a gym membership.. if i can do it, i believe you can do it too! :)

just believe in yourself, and take it slowly. it won't happen instantly. this site is great for motivation!

good luck!
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean about food being an addiction. I am addicted to it too! Right now I am trying to be aware and focus my energy on exercise. You can do it! We all can!
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I think the most powerful tool for me is the food journal because it makes you aware of your eating. It's not easy, but we can do it!
  • asnuff16
    Options
    Well....not to be cliche but sometimes the truth hurts. But it's also the truth that sets you free. So step on that scale, see how much you weigh, and do the my fitness pal plan. put in height, age, weight, and how much you plan on working out a week. and then you'll know how many calories to eat. I'm so happy you're getting your life in order for you. You can do it! :)
  • effthisdiet
    Options
    Hey, girl. I'm proud of you for posting this. Getting all of this off your chest is extremely therapeutic.

And congratulations on being smoke-free!

Honestly, the best advice I can give you is that you have to want this lifestyle change more than everything else. The first two weeks suck (at least, in my experience), but it gets better.

I also understand the fear that comes with getting on that scale for the first time. I was terrified, and quite frankly, pretty depressed with the number that reflected back at me. I just kept thinking that the number has nowhere to go but down.

You can do this! Feel free to send me a message if you need any support. :)
  • leenybeany
    Options
    Hey, girl. I'm proud of you for posting this. Getting all of this off your chest is extremely therapeutic.

Honestly, the best advice I can give you is that you have to want this lifestyle change more than everything else. The first two weeks suck (at least, in my experience), but it gets better.

I also understand the fear that comes with getting on that scale for the first time. I was terrified, and quite frankly, pretty depressed with the number that reflected back at me. I just kept thinking that the number has nowhere to go but down.

• leenybeany
    Options

Whoops accidently posted nothing! Anyways....I took the plunge, stepped on the scale. Yep I can relate with the 'depressing' aspect. frig.
  • BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You can do this! You already stepped on that scale! Way to go. Now just focus on changing I small thing everybcouple of days. It is not always about the end result, sometimes it is about the journey that leads you there. Rejoice in EVERY victory! During this journey you will learn more about yourself than ever. You will see how strong you are and what you are capable of. WELCOME! Congrats on making the first step!
  • EmmieSu
    EmmieSu Posts: 136
    Options
    Congratulations on a happy relationship and a baby girl!! Huge CONGRATULATIONS on being smoke-free!!!

I'm a stay at home mom, and can relate to those challenges. I started Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home dvds, a month ago, along with MFP, and have lost 10 lbs, so it can be done. Follow your MFP plan, and add the exercise, and you'll see results. I've never lost 10 lbs before this. You've already made changes in your lifestyle, and that is what MFP, will help you do with your "eating lifestyle". You can also find exercise video clips on youtube, if you can't get dvds, or a gym membership. I found a couple of Leslie's 2-mile walk on there. There are also other types of exercise clips, so find what you love and do it. Good luck, the ppl here on MFP, are great at encouraging one another!!