Top 5 tear jerker movies

Options
Hi

I was just watching the tube while DH has the kids at the town pool (ohhhhh, precious alone time...ahhhhhhh)
Anyway, ET had the top 5 tear jerker movies...in case anyone is in the crying mood..LOL
I haven't seen them all..yet...
Have u...what are your favs?

1. Tears of Endearment-saw it..good, but too draining....toooo sad..even for a tear jerker
2 Kramer Vs Kramer-LOVED IT!
3. Love Story-Never saw it
4. Beaches-Saw parts of it..so NOT a BM fan..think I'll pass
5.The Way we Where-Not a BS fan either, but RR...heck ya...LOVED it! Loved the message behind it etc etc....

Kim

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I was just watching the tube while DH has the kids at the town pool (ohhhhh, precious alone time...ahhhhhhh)
    Anyway, ET had the top 5 tear jerker movies...in case anyone is in the crying mood..LOL
    I haven't seen them all..yet...
    Have u...what are your favs?

1. Tears of Endearment-saw it..good, but too draining....toooo sad..even for a tear jerker
    2 Kramer Vs Kramer-LOVED IT!
    3. Love Story-Never saw it
    4. Beaches-Saw parts of it..so NOT a BM fan..think I'll pass
    5.The Way we Where-Not a BS fan either, but RR...heck ya...LOVED it! Loved the message behind it etc etc....

Kim
  • runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I think that Steel Magnolias is so sad.
  • Steffykins
    Steffykins Posts: 176
    Options
    Step Mom always makes me cry like a baby. Oh and Click with Adam Sandler!! I thought it was going to be a trashing romcom I was sooooooooo wrong.
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    The Notebook... omg I sob like a little wuss when I watch that movie!!!!!

Oh and what's that movie with Julia Roberts where she helps take care of that guy that has cancer? ohhh that's going to drive me nuts..... THAT movie makes me cry too.
  • cnolovechild
    Options
    I know you aren't a Bette Midler fan but her movie 'For the Boys' is a great tear jerker....I love it!

Hmm....some other tear jerkers I enjoy are "My Life", "Joy and Luck Club", "Hanging Up" and "Love Actually".......all good cry movies for different reasons!
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Ok, I am a sap. There, I've admitted it. There are a few movies that tear me up to watch, I love them, but I cry like a little girl everytime I watch them...

1. The Green Mile (I cry every moment of this movie when John Coffey is onscreen, Michael Clark Duncan was AWESOME)

2. Forrest Gump (When he meets his kid, it KILLS me)

3. The Passion of the Christ (Need I say more?!?!)

4. Where the Red Fern Grows/Old Yeller (Movies break me up)

5. My Dog Skip (This movie RULES!!! plus it destroys me emotionally)
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Ghost....makes me cry everytime
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    In no particular order, these are the ones that I had a couple of tears stroll down my face:

The Freedom Writers
    Schindler's List
    The Pianist
    The Passion of the Christ
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with tanzmamma. The Notebook made me bawl like a baby too. It doesn't take much for me to shed a tear, but here are some that had me bawling (in no particular order):

1. Joy Luck Club
    2. The Passion of Christ
    3. The Pianist
    4. The Green Mile
    5. The Notebook
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

*sniffle..sniffle*

Forgot to add some movies that make me cry

The Color Purple...when poor Oprah gets blamed and put in jail for something she didn't do!
    Ugh

Life is beautiful

Best Friends
    I can't believe I'm admitting this one...I'm pretty confident no one else on the planet saw this flick..Bert Reynolds...Goldie Hawn
    They're are writers...their relationship fall apart (I think it's also hysterical)
    Anyway...they broke up and need to finish a script...they start fighting and Bert says something about Goldie going to talk things out with her BF (something like this) and she says
    *ready*
    BUT YOU ARE MY BEST FRIEND..tears...more tears
    Then the music cues....how do u keep the music playing..
    Holy crud...I cry like a baby...LOL
    I don't know if that made any sense?

Kim
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I am Sam is the saddest movie!!!!!! Also Brokeback mountain. I cried so hard during that movie!!!
  • searls717
    Options
    Oh and what's that movie with Julia Roberts where she helps take care of that guy that has cancer? ohhh that's going to drive me nuts..... THAT movie makes me cry too.

It is Dying Young. Such a sad movie. :sad:
  • runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Step Mom always makes me cry like a baby. Oh and Click with Adam Sandler!! I thought it was going to be a trashing romcom I was sooooooooo wrong.

Me too with Step Mom; it really struck a chord with me the first time I saw it because my mom was undergoing cancer treatment.
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Simon Birch! I can't even watch that movie it's so sad!

I can't think of anymore right now, but I will update if I can!!!

Titanic... especially at the end!

A Walk To Remember

Armageddon

Moulin Rouge
  • clairegl
    clairegl Posts: 82
    Options
    I LOVE Steel Magnolias and Terms Of Endearment, just hearing the soundtrack makes tears pop. Oh, My Dog Skip made me projectile cry, and I'm not even that into pets...
    I absolutely loved :
    The Pianist
    Schindler's List
    The Last Samurai
    The Outsiders (hello any ladies in their 30s)
    Good Will Hunting
    American Beauty
    Igby Goes Down
    Return To Me
    Too many to list here.
    :sad:
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    the green mile
    Armageddon... yeah dont laughing at me coz of that but when he's saying goodbye to his daughter they start flowing
    pearl harbor
    Galipoli (sp?)... if you can ever get your hands on this movie do it!!! i highly recommend it
    American history x
    Forrest Gump
    Schindlers list
    i am Sam

yeah i think that list is big enough
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    The Passion of the Christ was a very good movie even though I had to close my eyes for part of it.
    I always cry when I watch Bridges of Madison County.
  • johnsscarlett
    johnsscarlett Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    A very old movie, I think it' was made in the 1950's but it is devastating. Makes me sob everytime I've seen it. "Madame X"
  • damselfly25
    Options
    1) Last of the Mohicans
    2) Boys on the Side
    3) Fly Away Home (tears of joy not sorrow)
    4) Stepmom
    5) Million Dollar Baby
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Ya'll are going to think I am crazy, but the movie that makes me cry every time I see it is.....

Rudy - yes the Notre Dame football movie