struggeling

Options
I've been trying to lose weight for a while now, but I just seem to go over my calorie goal (of 1200) every day. I want to feel healthy, eat good food, and tone up a little bit. I started taking a water aerobics class twice a week, and I climb two other days a week. Neither of those activities burn many calories.

I think food is the hardest part for me. I have such a difficult time staying on track and being disciplined about what I'm eating..

any suggestions or tips would be really great!

Thank you,

Whitney

SIDE NOTE: i realize i spelled "struggeling" wrong, but it won't let me edit.

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Hi shookw. I know how frustrating this can be.

Would you mind sharing your stats and goals with us? Height, weight, age, etc. can really help us to put your problems in perspective and give you useful advice.

The ticker on your profile seems to indicate that you're not trying to lose much weight, if any at all. Is that accurate? If you're aiming to maintain and do some body recomposition, 1200 seems like a low calorie goal to me.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    You honestly don't look like you need to lose a lot of weight - did you set your goals to 2 lbs per week? Maybe lower that to 1 or 1.5 if you did.

Weigh and measure everything. Lots of water. A bit more exercise? Even a short walk will boost your calories a bit.
  • stat1124
    stat1124 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Sent a Request your way Shook and anyone else needing some motivation....please feel free to add!
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    You might have to bump the calories up to 1400. Protein and a carb for every meal and snack.
  • MissSarahAllison315
    Options
    Hey Shookw...feel free to add me (I'm with Stat and the FitFam :D)!!!!