Slowly slipping

Options
Hello all. I'm having a hard time staying strong. I haven't worked out in two weeks and I find myself going over my calorie goal. My husband stopped dieting and wants mcdonalds every night and I'm losing my strength to stay strong. Any advise or motivational quotes would be awesome. Thanks guys!

Replies

• bevfazio
    bevfazio Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You sound like me! I was slipping and eating over my limit everyday. Stay on here and get help! It works! Come on MFPers! Help Amanda!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Hasfit.com has loads of motivational quotes. here are a few
    Discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want most.
    Your body keeps an accurate journal of your diet regardless of what you write down
    what you eat in private you wear in public
    Broccoli may get stuck in your teeth, but french fries get stuck on your *kitten*.
    Nothing tastes as good as fit feels.

You dont have to stop even though your Hubby has. Join him in the MCD's sometimes and then stick to your plan on other days. This way you dont feel like you are missing out. Come on you can do it.
  • lambchoplewis1
    lambchoplewis1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Just went to hasfit.com. Love it. Read the motivational section. A lot of good thoughts when slipping. I too have lost, maintained and gained some back. I am on day 4 of exercising and eating correctly and I feel great. Sleeping better and more energy. The first few days of getting back are tough but it is worth it to fit I to all my new clothes!!!
  • sriley7682
    sriley7682 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Broccoli may get stuck in your teeth, but french fries get stuck on your *kitten*.

LOL!
  • TrekkerCynthia
    TrekkerCynthia Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    First of all make sure your fridge and cupboards are stocked with foods that will help you make healthy decisions come meal time. Second let hubby eat AT McDonalds on his own time. If you commute together he can take you home first then get his "treat". As a previous poster wrote, it will be difficult at first but will be easier as you get back on the wagon.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    First of all make sure your fridge and cupboards are stocked with foods that will help you make healthy decisions come meal time. Second let hubby eat AT McDonalds on his own time. If you commute together he can take you home first then get his "treat". As a previous poster wrote, it will be difficult at first but will be easier as you get back on the wagon.

And you know McDonalds never tastes as good as you think it will after you have been eating healthy for a while - I don't crave it all and my son comes home with a bag from McD's often.
  • eAddict
    eAddict Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I'm having a hard time staying strong. I haven't worked out in two weeks and I find myself going over my calorie goal. My husband stopped dieting and wants mcdonalds every night and I'm losing my strength to stay strong. Any advise or motivational quotes would be awesome. Thanks guys!
    You gotta do this thing for YOU and no one else. Quotes, pat on the back, atta boys, whatever are fleeting ... it is what is inside you that drives you. Sure we all want SOME recognition for our hard work but you need to realize you are the only one that you will really listen to. Yeah, lots of cliche's and such here I know but bottom line: I am here for ME! I like having 'friends' and seeing how they are doing and I do appreciate the comments and feedback but with or without MFP I am in charge of my feelings and motivations.

That being said, don't give up on yourself (yeah, another cliche). Have a good heart-to-heart with yourself and really dig down why you want to do this journey.
  • unFATuated
    unFATuated Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    How many times have you let this opportunity pass you by in the past? If you're anything like me, you will have 'tried' to lose weight and slowly slipped back into old habits many times. Have you ever sat down and worked out where you'd be if you'd just kept going, how much time you would have had at your goal weight if you hadn't stopped? I did that many times and I cannot tell you how darn p****d I was at myself for letting it all go! All that extra time I spent being overweight, putting extra pressure on my joints, internal organs etc and just damn unhappy.

Can you imagine where you'll be at in a month's time if you keep going? In two months, six months? Have a think about all of that and try to get through this rough patch. In the long run, one or two McDonalds meals isn't going to undo your hard work, but if you keep slipping you're going to be back where you started, or worse, heavier. Keep going, plan your meals and try to get hubby back on board too. Things are easier when you share the load.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    PLAN, Plan and plan. I usually spend my Sundays planning most of the week and prepping and cooking what I can. This will give you healthy yummy meals waiting for you at home. So why go thru extra expense of McDonald's? It also frees up extra time during the week for exercise. If dinner is ready or will only take 15 minutes, I have time to take a quick walk or 30 minute workout in before.
  • AmandaJordan79
    Options
    Thank you all! It's nice to not do this alone