Ground Sausage Recipes

Options
Okay so I bought ground sausage because it was on sale a WAY cheaper than hamburg.

Obviously the fat content and calories are kind of high, but does anyone have any relatively healthy recipes to make with this? All I can think of is throwing in a bunch of shredded veggies and making meatballs with them to throw over whole wheat pasta. I need creativity!

Replies

• Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I like making stuffed zucchini boats with sausage (pork or turkey sausage both work well)!

Try this recipe - it's great!
    http://www.annies-eats.com/2009/09/21/stuffed-zucchini-boats/
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I am a weirdo..I would pair it with coleslaw with marie's yogurt coleslaw dressing..mix it together and voila! a nice meal..and you can add other veggies in it too if you wish..I normally do this with ground turkey/chicken..in fact, this is what i am having tonite! :)
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Wrap it in bacon. Top it with cheese. Yummy!

You are on a bulk cycle, right? It might be different on a cut cycle! LOL
  • marhattap
    marhattap Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    *Ground Sausage
    *Light Cream Cheese (8 oz block)
    *1 can of Rotel (Original)

Cook the sausage, and drain the excess fat. Add in the cream cheese, and drained Rotel. Continue on low until thoroughly combined. Serve with celery, low carb tortillas, OR stuff mushrooms with it!

Its so delicious!!!
  • jennifer_a00
    jennifer_a00 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Zuppa Toscana, yum, it is the best thing that I like to make with ground sausage!
  • jeephipwr
    Options
    Cook the sausage, drain.

Cook any pasta or rice you like.

Add diced tomatoes, any low fat cheese, mixed it all.

Prior you could throw in some garlic, mushrooms.

Top with green onion/chives.

You can even add frozen peas, cooked red/black beans for fiber, and I even used green beans.

I am the King of "one-pan wonders"
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,702 Member
    Options
    Scotch eggs, baked instead of fried.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Scotch eggs, baked instead of fried.

Epic.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    One of my absolute favorite things to make with Ground sausage is Mushroom and Mozzarella stuffed burgers with a garlicky aioli sauce.

In a large bowl, combine the sausage, some onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, mustard, large egg white, and about a quarter cup of panko bread crumb.. Season mixture well with salt and pepper. Eyeball the amounts of each of the ingredients that you're adding depending on how much ground sausage you're using..adjust accordingly.

In a small bowl, combine chopped mushrooms, basil, some rosemary, and reduced fat (I use 2 percent) mozzarella cheese.

Form the sausage mixture into balls. Make a hole in the center, and stuff with mushroom-mozzarella mixture. Form the sausage into patties.

For the garlicky aioli sauce mix together light mayo, minced garlic, a touch of lemon juice, salt, and pepper.

Spray a frying pan with some cooking spray and cook the patties until done to your preference.

Toast a hamburger burn of your preference, slather on some aioli sauce add the burger and top with some peppadew slices for extra flavor.

Deeelicious!