Sugar

Options
Hey everyone!
I've noticed that I have been eating a lot to sugar lately (Cause: Valentine's Day and Sweet tooth) and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on some great tasting food with low or no sugar. Thanks in advance! :wink:

Replies

• RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    I've noticed that I have been eating a lot to sugar lately (Cause: Valentine's Day and Sweet tooth) and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on some great tasting food with low or no sugar. Thanks in advance! :wink:
    What I consider great tasting might be something you dislike intensely, or even have an allergy or sensitivity to.

What foods do you like that aren't candy?
  • swimlife4
    Options
    I really like greek yogurt, protein shakes, dark chocolate (yum), whole wheat pasta, etc etc. I don't have any sensitivities or food allergies and I like all of the food groups a lot. I just have been taking in a little more extra sugar though. I am a vegetarian so I don't eat meat though.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Unless you are a diabetic, there is no reason to worry about your sugar macro. You can replace it with something that is actually useful, like fiber. As long as you hit your carb/protein/fats macros, you will be fine. Sugar is a carb, and included in the carb macro already.
  • swimlife4
    Options
    Ok, thanks for the help everyone! :smile: I don't have diabetes, I was just wondering if it would effect my weight because I am trying to maintain it. :smile: Thanks again!
  • christmre
    christmre Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I like to make a small box of sugar free cheesecake pudding and mix in a can of pumpkin puree, it tastes good, and has vitamins too. Or make mini cheesecakes, but with low fat cream cheese, and half stevia, half sugar.
  • swimlife4
    Options
    Yum! That sounds really good! I'll try it :)
  • bunnylover118
    Options
    I try to eat fruit to help my sweet tooth. Sometimes I treat myself to a weight watchers ice cream on the weekends as
    a reward over the weekend
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Coco Polo dark chocolate sweetened with Stevia is good! :)
  • swimlife4
    Options
    That does sound good! Thanks for the suggestions!
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    As a former Type 2 diabetic I am a big advocate of sugar free items. But I agree unless your system has a difficult time processing sugar you need not worry about sugar alone... watch your overall calorie intake and you should be fine.

All that said, my favorite sugar free snack is a jello pudding cup scooped into a regular ice cream cone! Less than 100 calories for the pudding and cone and it satiates my sweet tooth!
  • I'm also trying to cut out sugar, i believe it leads to not only poor physical health but has a bad affect on your mental health too. Ingesting refine sugars places such a heavy burden on the body that it has to work extra hard to stay happy!

I recently brought a cook book: Super healthy snacks and treats, all the recipes are free from gluten, dairy, refined sugar & eggs and i love it :). Definitely good if you have a sweet tooth.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Valentines day is over, and it wouldn't be special without lots of sugary goodness. Wait till next year.
  • swimlife4
    Options
    I'm also trying to cut out sugar, i believe it leads to not only poor physical health but has a bad affect on your mental health too. Ingesting refine sugars places such a heavy burden on the body that it has to work extra hard to stay happy!

I recently brought a cook book: Super healthy snacks and treats, all the recipes are free from gluten, dairy, refined sugar & eggs and i love it :). Definitely good if you have a sweet tooth.
    That's a great idea! Thanks
  • sssself_samantha
    Options
    I LOVE YOU. I don't know why many people freak out about sugar. It's just a carb! I do watch my sugar intake, I just don't restrict. Have a great day everyone! :)
  • sssself_samantha
    Options
    I LOVE YOU. I don't know why many people freak out about sugar. It's just a carb! I do watch my sugar intake, I just don't restrict. Have a great day everyone! :):smile:
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Here's some info about (added) sugar ... (other links inside the article)

http://www.babble.com/best-recipes/25-things-about-sugar-that-will-terrify-you/18-sugar-withdrawals-are-real/