Desperate

Options
Hi, My name is Felicia, everyone calls me Fe. I've struggled with my weight all of my life, but I've gotten to the point of no return it feels. I'm 23, and I weight 370lbs. I can't believe it's gotten this bad. Everyone tells me it's okay because I recently lost my mom to several types of cancer. Obviously that was a huge wakeup call for me. Not to mention that beyond being overweight, I'm also a smoker. I need help. I'm starting on a weight loss journey and I would appreciate any possible tips or help anyone could give me. I drank my first cup of green tea today. I didn't bring any soda with me to work, I didn't drink any before work. I feel baby steps are the way to take this. Just please, help. I am open to any and all suggestions/advice. Thanks.

Replies

• Twentynineyears
    Twentynineyears Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Baby steps are a positive step in the right direction. Cutting out things that are bad for you will certainly benefit you.
    Try incorporating cardio into your day. Even 10-20 minutes a day can help push you in the right direction. Eating better, cleaner foods, and adding exercise into your day will boost your energy completely. Every day is a day you get to do right things for yourself and for your body. Don't get down on yourself, don't feel sorry for yourself. You deserve happiness and good health. Also I would recommend not smoking. Not only is it not good for you, and is a leading cause of lung cancer, but it's also highly unattractive, it costs too much money, and makes your clothes smell disgusting.
    Keep your chin up, you're making good choices already by wanting to change. Keep making good choices.
  • feferighteous
    feferighteous Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the response. I'm just tired of making excuses to not do things anymore.