Low Carb Advice/Help

Options
I am looking at starting a low-carb diet. I have done this in past but its been a few years, I had success but can remember exactly what I did, what I ate and so on. Just looking for advice, tips, and possibly recipes from those of you have used low carb diets and been successful! Thanks

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Not a low carber myself.....but maybe you can find a low carb group (community - groups). The general forum seems to be more of a calorie deficit crowd.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Hey blue

I can only speak from experience and what's working for me.

Take a look at the primal blue print.

It may be right for you and your life style it may not. One diet doesn't fit all.

What ever you do chose to do all I can suggest is don't take things on face value. As it's your body you're going to messing with do loads of research before starting of on your chosen path.

Good luck dude????
  • bluearmy28
    bluearmy28 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    thanks I will take a look, I have been doing some research
  • Jgal8123
    Jgal8123 Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    I love Skinnytaste.com for low carb recipes!
  • caveninit
    caveninit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I love Skinnytaste.com for low carb recipes!

I agree...skinnytaste is great! I started out going very low carb but found that I do better just eliminating as much processed food as possible and getting my carbs from whole foods and whole grains. When I went very low carb, like under 60 grams per day, I always had a weird taste in my mouth and was prone to dizzy spells and extreme moodiness. Now I just try to keep my carbs between 100-125 grams and that seems to work for me. When I go over 125 grams I feel bloated. I would try lowering the carb intake but not going too low..see how it makes you feel. Some people swear by very low carb and have no weird side effects. I actually wish I was one of those people because I was losing weight faster with very low carb..just wasn't feeling great and no one wanted to be around me. :) Good luck!