Hobbies? Crazy or Otherwise?

Options
So, what does everyone do to kill spare time? I play the banjo and sing in a bluegrass band, volunteer as a scout leader and do a little target shooting.

Replies

• Redapplecandie
    Redapplecandie Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Medieval battle re-enactment, archery, photography
  • Shauneexo
    Shauneexo Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Try and learn new things, skydive, write, dance, discover new outdoor adventures!
  • Shauneexo
    Shauneexo Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Medieval battle reenactment sounds badass!!!!
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    <---- Race car. Also like to restore old stereo speakers.
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    I think MFP is my hobby. :blushing:
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Archery, fishing, hunting, camping, four wheeling, cooking, pistol shooting, doing my nails, doing makeup, going shopping, drawing, painting, reading, writing... How's that for a crazy mix? :tongue:
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Knitting, crocheting, sewing, paper crafting, baking/cake decorating (that one is a hobby that got out of control), fishing, target shooting, coloring (and I use sparkly gel pens so there!) I would really love to take a painting class.

My husband says my hobby is "having hobbies"
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    So, what does everyone do to kill spare time? I play the banjo and sing in a bluegrass band, volunteer as a scout leader and do a little target shooting.

Shooting with a fire arm or a bow?
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    ufo research
    meditation
    crafting
    dumpster diving
    painting/drawing
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Woodworking, Old car tuning and stoplight gran prix (with my GTO),

bible study, meditation, and preparing Sunday School lessons.
  • JessyLovesJCS
    JessyLovesJCS Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Right now? Shoveling snow. :sigh:

Kayaking. Hiking. Swimming. Camping. Reading. Knitting (new!). Photography.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Origami, woodworking, gardening, and soon to be lockpicking.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    quilt, write, obsess over historical figures until I exhaust myself and move on to a new historical figure, sex.
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    quilt, write, obsess over historical figures until I exhaust myself and move on to a new historical figure, sex.

How you doin'?
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Medieval battle re-enactment, archery, photography

SCA perhaps? I don't play much any more, but I still hit an occasional war now and then.

I always have some sort of crazy hobby. Right now I'm really into aerial arts. I've actually gotten paid to perform now, so... I also write books in my spare time (get paid for those too). In the past I've been into belly dance, fire arts, and equestrian activities. In the summer I also like to mountain bike, hike, camp, canoe...

My husband and I have recently started painting. I mostly like physical hobbies, though. For me to consider it a hobby, I have to do it consistently and not just dabble.
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Build, shoot and repair machine guns, if it's not belt-fed it's not really a gun....
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I guess my fitness would be a big hobby for me as it occupies a lot of my time...cycling, lifting, hiking, swimming, golf, etc. I also love to cook and prepare most of the meals in my home. I've recently gotten into food fermentation as well which is pretty cool. I'm also an avid camper and enjoy fishing even though I totally suck at it.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I ride our dirt bikes 2/3 times a week. She makes me jog beside her when she rides her pedal bike. Play football in the park. Shoot guns. And Eat. And THe remodel of our house. Next time I hope I have enuff money to pay somebody for that.
  • Linda6580
    Linda6580 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Camping, Hiking/Walking, Geo Caching, Fishing, Swimming, just to name a few! Would love to do more trap shooting, that's pretty fun, but my hubby won't take me anymore, said I was too good or something.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I have taken up breading show pigeons. It is also known by the term "bading." Right now I am just a journeyman bader, as I have not been doing it long and have a lot to learn. I am studying under a master, however. So I hope that before too long, I can earn my certification as a master. The day I become a master bader will be a very exciting and exhilirating day for sure.