4 months to loose 30lbs

Options
I've used mfp on and off for at least two years. This is the first time I'm posting and actually engaging with others to help support me in my weight loss(hopefully). I want to loose weight and look good and feel awesome in tight clothes this summer.
I'm ready to kick *kitten* and eat grass! Any one out there wanting the same :)
I've never actually lost more Than 4 pounds and kept it off, my weight only thinks it can go up!

Replies

• ayan2007
    ayan2007 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hi i wanna loose 10 kg in 5 weeks wanna look good in my brothers wedding. i joined MFP first time, lets see if i can do it,=.
    all the best to you
  • DonnaQ25
    DonnaQ25 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I had to google 10kg. 22 pounds in 5 weeks. Girl you got balls to play with those figures! I'm starting tomorrow. Fitness in the gym and healthy eating. No more take aways. Best of luck to you :)
  • stephiea
    stephiea Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I would love to lose 30 pounds by the summer and feel good about myself again!! Good luck to you!!
  • dancer2u
    dancer2u Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I would love to loose 20 lbs at this point by the end of May. I am going on vacay & it would be nice to not feel so bloated!! I have stuck to loosing up to 15 lbs before, but once I get there I feel better & want to start back to my old habits again....so I just got to learn to park my bad eating habits.
  • DonnaQ25
    Options
    Best of luck to you. Any fitness ideas planned to get to your goal?
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Kick your *kitten* -hell yes! - but eat grass - bleargh!
    There is no need for anyone to live just on celery and carrot sticks. They're ok, but your body neads a steak, some healthy grain, fruit and diary as well.
  • DonnaQ25
    Options
    Hey you got there before! That's brilliant. You know what your capable of. You can do it again. I've never done it. And I am in total awe of anyone who can loose more than 10 pounds. Your strong, and you know exactly what to do in order to get there, you just have to put it into motion :)
  • bemillerbri
    Options
    I am trying to lose weight for summer as well as just feel more confident in my own body. I also want to get my health back, as I was sick for a year and couldn't really do much exercise or eat well. So I could use some support as well! I am looking to lose 15lbs by summer... but more interested in how I look and feel than a scale. ( Having more muscle mass that weighs more wouldn't bother me if I felt better about myself)
  • DonnaQ25
    Options
    Your right. I'd be only fooling myself into thinking I could carry on any weight loss on just veggies. I will be eating healthy. Cutting out take aways. But for me it's more getting active and moving again. That's important. It's been so long. Thanks for the advice, it's very much appreciated ;)
  • DonnaQ25
    Options
    Hey, best of luck to you, hope your back to full health. 20 lbs is doable. You can do it :)
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    That's not a lot of time for someone who is not morbidly obese to lose 30 lbs .
    I'd hate for you to lose some of it and not be happy .

Maybe you can set a goal of how you want to feel in three month also?

Good luck to you and I certainly hope you feel great in three months as well as look great !
  • AmyZ46
    Options
    I am trying to lose weight for summer as well as just feel more confident in my own body. I also want to get my health back, as I was sick for a year and couldn't really do much exercise or eat well. So I could use some support as well! I am looking to lose 15lbs by summer... but more interested in how I look and feel than a scale. ( Having more muscle mass that weighs more wouldn't bother me if I felt better about myself)

^^^^^this is an awsome way to be :)
  • DonnaQ25
    Options
    Your right on the money. 30lbs is what I have in my head. But I will be doing free weights. So gaining muscle while losing fat. Losing the spare tyres around my stomach and feeling good about myself is the main objective. Thank you for help bringing it home to me ;)
  • pmr545
    pmr545 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat.... I just started this week.

I'm trying to lose 30 pounds by this May so i can enjoy cycling this summer. I let myself go and now I'm just too big to be out there riding. It's depressing.

I am signing up for a 67 mile ride at the end of May.... it will be a challenge getting there. I can use all the motivation that I can get.

-Pete
  • DTayl123
    DTayl123 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I also need to lose some of this weight.
    My Dr said if I lost 15 lbs, he would be happy with me. I have until the first week in May to do this and I believe that it is very reasonable to get the 15 lbs off by then.
  • AmyZ46
    Options
    Your right on the money. 30lbs is what I have in my head. But I will be doing free weights. So gaining muscle while losing fat. Losing the spare tyres around my stomach and feeling good about myself is the main objective. Thank you for help bringing it home to me ;)

So glad :bigsmile: I was worried :blushing: we all want to be thin and we want it now lol but how I feel now compared to how I felt before is so much more than a number .... I'm trying to enjoy every step of the way litterally no matter how long it takes me ! So happy your taking control before it gets away from you .
  • AmyZ46
    Options
    My Dr said if I lost 15 lbs, he would be happy with me. I have until the first week in May to do this and I believe that it is very reasonable to get the 15 lbs off by then.

Good luck !
  • DonnaQ25
    Options
    Pete you can do it. Your plans sounds so exciting. Just think if crossing the finish line and how good that feeling is going to be. Don't think about being big now and feeling embarressed. Feelings are only temporary, they can be changed so easily, especially by exercise. Keep the goal in mind. All the best ;)
  • DonnaQ25
    Options

Best of luck, if your willing, your able! Take each day at a time, that's what I plan on doing. Cause I know if I think I have to act like an angel for 2 months. The demon comes out in me pretty quick! So to keep that demon at bay I just have to look after me today. Tomorrow will look after itself ;)
  • Goldeeloks615
    Goldeeloks615 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to lose 20 lbs by June 15th! I have a beautiful dress that I want to fit into on my wedding day. I have been doing very well utilizing this app as opposed to Weight Watchers.

The difference this time is that I am incorporating more physical activity this. I make it a point to at least take a 20 min walk or bike ride every day. (tomorrow will be two weeks straight). Today I also started the 30 day Shred. I had great difficulty keeping up, (okay.. I didn't keep up :embarassed: ) but I did continue to work through the entire video. I was sweating up a storm! LOL. Not glowing, not perspiring, sweat! It felt good! My knees may not be thrilled with me tomorrow but they will be so much happier if I can lose not only the 20 lbs by June but continue and lose another 20!

Best of luck to everyone!
    Candy