Getting started!

Options
My name is Alicia and am 23 years old. I have a daughter who is a year and a half, I work part time and attend college full time+! So I have a pretty busy schedule, but horrible eating habits, I have topped out at 227lbs at 5'3'' so 2 weeks ago I decided to change my lifestyle. My eldest sister was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and has jumped into healthy eating and exercising and has had amazing results in the last few months and I am so proud of her! So I thought well I am going to do it too! I stocked up on a bunch of healthy snacks, lean cuisine meals, began to keep track of my food intake and started drinking a lot of water! Last week for Valentines day I made my boyfriend add me to his gym membership :) after 3 days of exercising I felt SO much better! I am in a better mood, I sleep better and feel so much more limber and I just love it! I have already lost 3lbs! Every night before I go to bed I read weight loss success stories and it is a great motivation for me not just to look better, but feel better! My goal is too lose 10lbs in the next 5 weeks, 2lbs a week , but my ultimate goal is to get to 145 by Christmas, so about 10 months to lose 70lbs, I know I can do it and I am very excited to take this journey!

Replies

• FitnessChelsey
    Options
    Congrats on making the lifestyle change! Sending a friend request now :) Going to the gym always makes me feel great, its also become my go to place when life seems to get a little out of control because of work/life in general. When you can burn off a little steam exercising and burn calories its a win-win situation