Just in a car accident :-(

Options
Stupid kid! I was having a perfectly nice afternoon out with a friend. We had soup and salad at Duke's and were headed shopping when I got rear-ended! :angry: I am ok, but I have a gnarly headache and I am soooo hoping that I don't wake up with a bad neck and/or back. IF THIS INTERFERES WITH MY WORKOUT PROGRAM, THINGS ARE GOING TO GET UGLY! :mad:

Ok, I know she didn't mean it, but still! She said she was fidgeting with her A/C. C'mon, just push the button, I don't even have to LOOK to know where mine is!

Replies

• time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Stupid kid! I was having a perfectly nice afternoon out with a friend. We had soup and salad at Duke's and were headed shopping when I got rear-ended! :angry: I am ok, but I have a gnarly headache and I am soooo hoping that I don't wake up with a bad neck and/or back. IF THIS INTERFERES WITH MY WORKOUT PROGRAM, THINGS ARE GOING TO GET UGLY! :mad:

Ok, I know she didn't mean it, but still! She said she was fidgeting with her A/C. C'mon, just push the button, I don't even have to LOOK to know where mine is!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    So glad you're ok but you maybe should see a doctor if the headache was a result of the accident just to rule out whiplash. Good luck to you. :flowerforyou:

Betty
  • Sing1outloud
    Sing1outloud Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear for the most part that you think that you are ok!
    But if I was you I would go and get things checked out .... you can hurt your neck and not even know that you did anything right off!

Just a thought... :tongue:
  • time2wrk
    Options
    Yeah, I am going to go in tomorrow first thing. Just great. I already have a mammogram tomorrow, so let's just screw up the entire day at doctor visit. :laugh:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Oh no!
    I am so glad that you are ok!
  • time2wrk
    Options
    I am more worried about my friend actually. She is in her 50's and has had multiple back surgeries and problems. She was pretty shook up, so I am going to be checking up on her. I am pretty resilient, I just really get grumpy when things mess with my routine. (I know, I am soooo "AR").

Thank you for the well wishes, everyone. I am going to have some water and go lay down now.

Will try to join the Sunday night chat later! :happy:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Ugggggg!!! Glad you are okay girlie! WAIT! Quick!!! Grab a fork and we'll stress eat together... Oh wait, Umm....that isn't helpful! Take the night off, relax, and hope for no ouchies tomorrow. :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    How fast was the chickie going??? :explode:

Glad ya'll are okay though, that's the main thing. :flowerforyou:

How bad was your car dinged up?? :frown:
  • time2wrk
    Options
    How fast was the chickie going??? :explode:

Glad ya'll are okay though, that's the main thing. :flowerforyou:

How bad was your car dinged up?? :frown:

Had a nice nap, but I am definitely a little sore. She was probably going about 30 and I was dead stopped. HER car had more damage because she slammed into my tow bar. To the right of the tow bar there is a rectangular dent. To be honest, it's a 6 year old minivan and the damage is really not too bad. I am more concerned about the neck/back/head thing. Plus, like I said, I am more concerned about my poor friend.

Overall, it was just a pisser to have happen on what had been an otherwise GREAT day. But, yeah, you're right, the main thing is everyone walked away, so I will stop grumbling.
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    glad you are so far ok good luck with the doctors. we are lucky here if we are in an accident we go to the doctors get checked out and fill in an ACC form (accedent compensation c... something) and if any other medical care needed its taken care off
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    sorry to hear bout this...relieved to hear it was minimal damage to all people and vehicles involved. it still can be frustrating though . . . glad everyone's okay
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    I'm glad you are ok. I hope your friend is ok.