Great Website with Loads of Light Recipes

Options
foozletoozle
foozletoozle Posts: 9 Member
I have been using this website for some new and inventive recipes to spice up my diet. www.skinnytaste.com I love that she includes the nutritional information for all her recipes. As an added bonus, most of them are super easy! What websites have you found that have good, tasty, healthy food to aid your weight loss?

Replies

• raileneperkins
    raileneperkins Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    skinnyfork also has some very good light recipes.
  • PostToasties
    Options
    I have been using Skinny Taste's recipes for quite a while. One in particular we love is the Butternut squash & black bean enchiladas. Yummy.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    see link below; have these going in oven in about 10 minutes....they are pretty stinking good...

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/parmesan_cauliflower_tater_tots.html

Nutritional info is on the site
  • foozletoozle
    Options
    see link below; have these going in oven in about 10 minutes....they are pretty stinking good...

Those look great! I am going to have to give them a try.
  • foozletoozle
    Options

Finding lots of good things on this website, too. Thank you!
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I like the eating well web site already referenced. I also like allrecipes.com, which includes the nutritional data for the meals.

I have the Forks Over Knives recipe book and their web site is also excellent. You can enter the recipe ingredients on MFP via the recipe tab when the nutrional data isn't available.
  • AGirlWithWheels
    Options
    I love using Pinterest. I pin a lot of low fat recipes there. If you click on a picture it will take you to the website where you can get the ingredients.
  • RockingGranny
    RockingGranny Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of skinnytaste.com, eatingwell.com, and cookinglight.com. Thank you for sharing theskinnyfork.com. My mouth is watering just looking at the recipes.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options

Those look great! I am going to have to give them a try.

Placing them in a freezer for a few hours makes them easier to cut and work with; they are pretty tasty.
  • wendopia
    Options
    BBC Good Food also have all nutritional values. Every recipe I have tried from there was delicious! http://www.bbcgoodfood.com
  • RockingGranny
    RockingGranny Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    BBC Good Food also have all nutritional values. Every recipe I have tried from there was delicious! http://www.bbcgoodfood.com

Thank you, wendopia, for sharing. This is a great site!!! I can't wait to try some of these recipes.
  • brasgold
    brasgold Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much
  • MacroMiranda
    MacroMiranda Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options

Many of the recipes I was looking at, however, are not 'skinny' by any means! I like when recipes also come with nutritional breakdowns - which this site does not. Skinny Taste is a better choice (devoted to lower cal. items) and also come with nutritional breakdowns.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Such wonderful sites here and I had to add my favorite. www.sparkrecipes.com. And www.food.com
  • SwampWitch666
    SwampWitch666 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    *bookmarks*
  • illyich
    illyich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    For those of you looking to cut down while adding or maintaining muscle, check out the Buff Dudes channel on YouTube.
  • Bianca85NY
    Options
    If your weakness is mashed potato's, you should try using cauliflower instead, taste just as good. Also sweet potatoes baked in the oven are a just as delicious Also get bread made of brown rice, its great for you and you get to eat a healthy sandwich. Want a snack with a negative calorie count? Eat raw cucumbers, your body has to work 2x as hard to digest so get to snackin!. Carb intake is HUGE when trying to lose weight, replace bad carbs with good carbs and you will see the difference in the first week!
  • cnl91_W
    cnl91_W Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Bumping this for my next round of cooking (cooking for 1 yields lots and lots of leftovers)
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Check out LaaLoosh.com and Snack Girl.com, Green Lite Bites.com they are low calories and taste great also.