Best day in forever!

Options
So today the hubby and I decided to go out ALL day! It's been a stressful week, experiencing an early miscarriage and all that. So we headed to the mall and dinner. First store he decided I needed a new cashmere coat. Okay whatever I say and reach for an extra large...it swallows me! Reach for a large, still huge, slide on a medium with room to spare! Check. First purchase! Next stop was new jeans I took 3 sizes into the fitting rooms-16,14,and 12. Long story short I came home with the 12's. I know thats not tiny, but it made me cry! Added to the pile were three medium sweaters along with a few other things. We ended our evening eating sushi which is actually quite healthy. I was over my calories today but who cares?? I was so happy to be wearing a 12!
My top highlight of tonight was feeling SO GOOD on my hubby's arm today! We even went through Victoria's Secret where he wanted me to get some things but I would rather spend the money on what everyone can see! lol

Replies

• megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it was a great day!!! Congrats!!! I miss being a Size 12... thats my goal size! =}
  • crewellademel
    crewellademel Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! I have my good old size 12 jeans that I try on every week to see if they fit. I can get them on now but not zipped, but they keep me motivated. I'm so happy for you and your wonderful day. Thanks for encouranging me to keep going so I can look forward to a shopping day like that.
  • rockonerin
    Options
    congratulations!!
  • shannykt
    Options
    Good for you! Sounds like you have an amazing hubby and sounds like you really deserved a special day and special treats!! Size 12 is nothing to sneeze at! yay for you!!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    It is a great feeling to be back in size 12 jeans, I know I just got there a month ago. Congratulations!

Also I am sorry to hear about your miscarriage, it may have been early but it still is hard I am sure. :flowerforyou:
  • hadl0032
    hadl0032 Posts: 117
    Options
    Well your husband sounds like real GEM :) And bravo to you on the size 12 jeans!! What a great feeling for you! Plus...who doesnt love a little retail therapy! =)
  • txmomma0889
    txmomma0889 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Congratz! I miss my size 12s I haven't been that in awhile i regret taking that size forgrated because back in high school i always wanted to be smaller because of the pressure of the skinny girls but now i just desire to be at least a 12
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have an awesome partner there and enjoy those jeans/and jacket! And glad you enjoyed the sushi...going over on the occassional day isn't going to destroy anything..we aren't robots and we have to live and enjoy life..congrats!
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    aww, reading your post makes me so happy!!!! good job!!!
  • sabrina35
    Options
    great job!!
  • LGIFitness2K11
    Options
    I can completely identify with your story! I have been 14+ for the last three years and when I slipped into those 12's I felt like a new person! Very happy for you! This is just the beggining of shopping being fun again!!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Oh how awesome! That is so cool!
  • sandybeach11
    sandybeach11 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    What an awesome day!
  • drjei
    drjei Posts: 34
    Options
    Sounds great! Crewellademel is my wife (see above post) and she has my word that I'll take her on a similar shopping trip when that day comes, which will not be too long! Keep up the good work y'all! Size 12 is awesome!
  • meenadamwani
    Options
    So today the hubby and I decided to go out ALL day! It's been a stressful week, experiencing an early miscarriage and all that. So we headed to the mall and dinner. First store he decided I needed a new cashmere coat. Okay whatever I say and reach for an extra large...it swallows me! Reach for a large, still huge, slide on a medium with room to spare! Check. First purchase! Next stop was new jeans I took 3 sizes into the fitting rooms-16,14,and 12. Long story short I came home with the 12's. I know thats not tiny, but it made me cry! Added to the pile were three medium sweaters along with a few other things. We ended our evening eating sushi which is actually quite healthy. I was over my calories today but who cares?? I was so happy to be wearing a 12!
    My top highlight of tonight was feeling SO GOOD on my hubby's arm today! We even went through Victoria's Secret where he wanted me to get some things but I would rather spend the money on what everyone can see! lol
  • PaleoIsPossible
    Options
    It's posts like this that help keep me motivated!

I'm so happy you had an amazing day, it sounds like you deserved it! Hard work pays off for sure. Keep it up!!
  • Dreamgirl97
    Dreamgirl97 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a perfect day! Congrats on the size 12, Can't wait till I get there!
  • prettier_me
    prettier_me Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    so inspiring!! great job & keep it up :)
    hard work pays off!
  • kristy12379
    Options
    That's awesome! Size 12 is great, that's my average size and I'm back there again after losing over 70lbs. Finally shopping is FUN again!!!!! Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!