Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hi my name is amber and im new to all of this!

recently a supervisor of mine told me about this web site.. so i decided to check it out and see how it goes for me. i am 29 years old and have been big all my life. pretty much everyone in my family is big! but i have tried diets before and i do go for about 3-4 weeks and then give it up. i currently weight 295 and although i know i will never be able to accomplish the ideal weight of 130lbs my personal goal is 200. i think the main reason i haven't succeded in the past was i don't have the motivation to do it myself i need someone there with me to call me and say hey lets go walking.... that way i don't put it off then never get it done. on another note i work 10 hours a day on my feet as a shift manager for fast food! when i get home who wants to go walking.. don't i get excersize at work.. so im hoping to give it a try and meet some great friends along the way...

Replies

• Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Good luck reaching your first goal :flowerforyou:
  • Well welcome and I think you will absolutely love this site. If you use it everyday, you will be surprised how many calories you truely take in and it holds you accountable for what you put in your mouth and the amount of exercise you do. Good luck along your journey.......
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,024 Member
    Welcome to MFP... it is a great tool to help you reach your goals. Just to let you know there is no reason you cannot get to whatever weight you desire!
  • Welcome Amber, this is a great site.. lot's of tips etc., It's kept me motivated for the past 6 months so it must be good.. My ideal weight is 120 lbs but I too will never reach that weight.. but as long as you are happy that's all that matters. You are obviously quite fit because you are on your feet a lot.. You will no doubt find the food planner really useful! Anyway good luck and welcome again to MFP!
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Hi Amber! Welcome! Sending a friend request your way!
  • orthpole
    orthpole Posts: 16 Member
    Welcome, you made a good move. I've been on MFP for about one month and it really is a big help. :flowerforyou:
  • Never say never! Setting yourself achievable, realistic goals and reaching them will get you closer and closer to the unimaginable!! You have made a great decision just signing up to MFP and can guarantee you will make some really great, supportive friends along the way! I wish you the best of luck and remember... nothings impossible if you put your mind to it!

Take care and add me if you want :flowerforyou:
  • Welcome Amber and good luck on losing your weight. I've been using this site for sometime and trust me it keeps you honest about what you eat. Once again welcome and good luck!!!!!!!
  • rescuepete
    rescuepete Posts: 58 Member
    Welcome, Amber!