Chris Powell Turbo Carb Cycle- PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!

Options
Hi all,

I am about to embark on the Chris Powell Turbo Carb Cycle, but have one HUGE question that isn't answered in his book and I can't find it anywhere.

On high carb days women consume 1500 calories and low carb days they consume 1200 calories. However, if I am working out and burning nearly 800 calories a day then I am put in a severe calorie deficit. Therefore, should I still eat all of my calories burned during exercise?

PLEASE HELP! I can't believe it isn't mentioned in the book.

Replies

• chelseagirlfl
    chelseagirlfl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    i'M JUST STARTING TOO...AND i HAVE THE SAME QUESTION... DID YOU EVER FIND OUT?
  • JumpinJill
    JumpinJill Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    On his show they have let slip a few times and aired how many calories the people on the show eat. Never on any exercise show do they talk about eating exercise calories back, this includes extreme weightloss, biggest loser (as far as I know) and on many popular or celebrity trainer diets they are set at 1200-1500 calories. This is because they need people to get results fast whether in a healthy or unhealthy way. It is all about who loses weight the fastest, not always in the best way. So to answer your question, for the program specifically, I am sure he does not mention it because the answer is no, you don't eat any more calories then what he has listed. However, many people will tell you that is unhealthy etc. read a few threads around here you will get the idea, so I think you should just find a balance that works for you or try the plan the way it is and increase a little at a time if you need to or just cut back on the cardio (800 calories!)
  • chelseagirlfl
    chelseagirlfl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    On his show they have let slip a few times and aired how many calories the people on the show eat. Never on any exercise show do they talk about eating exercise calories back, this includes extreme weightloss, biggest loser (as far as I know) and on many popular or celebrity trainer diets they are set at 1200-1500 calories. This is because they need people to get results fast whether in a healthy or unhealthy way. It is all about who loses weight the fastest, not always in the best way. So to answer your question, for the program specifically, I am sure he does not mention it because the answer is no, you don't eat any more calories then what he has listed. However, many people will tell you that is unhealthy etc. read a few threads around here you will get the idea, so I think you should just find a balance that works for you or try the plan the way it is and increase a little at a time if you need to or just cut back on the cardio (800 calories!)

Are you on this diet?
  • lilo128
    Options
    I know this is an old post, but i finally found an answer so for those searching in the future this is what Chris Powell had to say on the subject:
    Some final words of advice:

It’s important to recalculate your BMR as you lose weight.
    Some calorie tracking apps add the calories you burn from exercise into your daily to-eat total, making it look like you can eat more than you actually can.
    You can eat calories much faster than you can burn them, so don’t use those exercise-burned calories as permission to eat more food.
  • devriessue
    devriessue Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    :happy:
    I know this is an old post, but i finally found an answer so for those searching in the future this is what Chris Powell had to say on the subject:

Some calorie tracking apps add the calories you burn from exercise into your daily to-eat total, making it look like you can eat more than you actually can.
    You can eat calories much faster than you can burn them, so don’t use those exercise-burned calories as permission to eat more food.
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I don't have the new book, so I can't help, but there is a group on here for Chris Powell. Might want to ask there.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3318-chris-powell-s-choose-to-lose
  • shannonshay1
    shannonshay1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options

Thanks for the info. I just started following his plan and that really helps!