"go to" when your calories are too low for the day?

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Thanks! All good and yummy ideas, although I did giggle at the ice cream and chocolate. I'm trying to eat relatively clean, so maybe once a week I could have that ice cream.... mmmmmmmmm. :laugh:

Ice cream is clean. So is chocolate.

And delicious.

amazingly delicious and will fill in the calories for the day ...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Food.

Never had this problem!! :laugh:

seriously, I am usually right at about where I need to be and/or have to take some things out to hit my calorie goal :(
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I've been following Bob Harper's Skinny Rules (somewhat) and tracking my calories on MFP. What I've noticed is that most days, if I've stuck to his guidelines, my calories are too low for the day (around 900). Everything I've learned before (and the nightly message from MFP) tells me that anything under 1200 is a big "no-no". Now before anyone gets to bashing me for the Skinny Rules, I am only using them as a guideline and for recipes. It's just another tool like MFP to give me some ideas -- I don't swear by it like it is THE key to weight loss. My question is ... does anyone else find themselves too low on calories at the end of the day on ANY eating plan and if so, what is your "go to" snack to finish out your day?

yet another reason to avoid this "diet"
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Thanks! All good and yummy ideas, although I did giggle at the ice cream and chocolate. I'm trying to eat relatively clean, so maybe once a week I could have that ice cream.... mmmmmmmmm. :laugh:

If you've already met your macro goals, ice cream is a great filler to get you closer to your calorie goal. There's nothing "dirty" about it. That's the problem I see with a lot of mindsets. No food is inherently unhealthy. Some foods just have more nutrients than others. Just make sure you fit your macros and don't go over your calories.... unless you can't portion out yourself a sensible serving size. Then I'd say avoid it.
  • spoonful
    spoonful Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    cornflakes
  • tulip_in_a_cup
    tulip_in_a_cup Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    natural chunky peanut butter...
  • tulip_in_a_cup
    tulip_in_a_cup Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    ooh ooh! Beer.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    This has literally never happened to me. :laugh:

But if it did, ice cream would probably be my go-to.

Ha haaha me too !

Too LOW on calories? :noway: I don't even understand the concept!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    whiskey and talenti gelato
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    homemade vegan avocado chocolate mousse
    lots of cantaloupe
  • superraachel
    superraachel Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Milk. Guacamole or hummus with raw veggies. Chocolate.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

For some reason, Shape magazine has been showing up in my mailbox lately. I took one look at the expensive makeup they were trying to sell to make me LOOK more fit (really??) along with an article about eating clean, and tossed it straight into the trash.
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    a small bowl of cereal...yes cereal with coconut almond milk!
  • ndj1979
    Options

For some reason, Shape magazine has been showing up in my mailbox lately. I took one look at the expensive makeup they were trying to sell to make me LOOK more fit (really??) along with an article about eating clean, and tossed it straight into the trash.

LOL ….don't you know eating clean is the key to looking hot and massive gainz…???
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Wendy's. I had to go to her today for a double and a frosty for second lunch snackage.
  • shayemimi
    shayemimi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Wine :)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled duck egg, Greek yoghurt, nuts or dark chocolate.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Tonight I ate a handful of cashews. And, um, I might've thrown in a few M&Ms. But it fit my calories.
  • Ladyhawk_78
    Ladyhawk_78 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oh yea! Thank goodness for this post - I was just pondering what to eat. LOL I seem to encounter this problem frequently now that I've actually been looking at what is really going in me.

Love ya'll
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    ice cream, or if things are really dire then the open faced ice cream sammich. but because i dont keep that stuff in my house that means that i have to speedwalk 1.5 miles to the whole foods to get it which means even MOAR calories :laugh:

if it's something like 1000 calories (yep that's happened if i have a particularly active day) then it's to the pizza mobile i go.

but usually if it's only like 100-200 calories i tend to not eat those if i'm not hungry and will save them for another day