hi.

DJJW
DJJW Posts: 519 Member
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
2 kids, gained 10lbs after 1st one, gained 15lbs after 2nd. I loose for the summer gain back all of it in the winter. Started that cycle already this year and it isn't even December. I love to walk and the cold weather chases me in....lost 10lbs since may but 4 of them just came back, so i'm tring this for a kick in the but.

Replies

• Awesome! Welcome to MFP!!

Do you have access to a gym so you can walk the treadmill or eliptical during the cold months? I started walking/jogging over the summer and once the temperature dropped that was the end of it for me too!! I don't really care for treadmills, but I like using the bikes at the gym.

I hope this site helps you reach your goals! I've found it to be helpful in keeping me accountable with my diet (using the food tracker), and motivational and supportive in the forums. There are a lot of people on here with a lot of information about dieting and exercising that I have gleaned from.

Best of luck to you!!!
  • DJJW
    No gym, too expensive for my stay-at-home budget. But I do have an exercise bike at home, but after oct-feb, it can get old. I'm thinking about looking for a rowing machine so I can alternate. But I think I would need one that could slide under my couch. Not wanting my living room to look like a rec room!
  • Haha I hear ya! My wife says the same thing when I say we should get an eliptical or something for the living room so we can watch tv while using it!

There are a TON of other cardio exercises you can do tho - things like jump rope, jumping jacks, Zumba DVDs, etc. I fully support having variations to keep it fun!

We found a great gym near us that was only $35/month (which was good compared to others that were over $100/month). But I understand a tight budget!! Get creative - look online and on youtube for some cardio exercises to do. Get yourself a Nintendo Wii (you can say it's for the kids!) and get that Wii Fit game... that thing is loads of fun and gives you a good workout too!
  • DJJW
    I used to do Tie bo, but got burnt out. The kids laugh at me with any other video..LOL. I've started using one of there step stools to do step ups while I watch t.v. and loving it! I've requested and actual stepper for Christmas.
  • My wife really digs Denise Austin. She has a workout DVD that has several things - one of which is cardio, which mixes zumba, aerobics, step, and others. It has 3 different intensity levels depending on where you're at.

By the way, I LOVE your profile picture... Charlie Brown Christmas is the best!! =)
This discussion has been closed.