Help

Options
Everyday or week the scale goes up....no matter what I do or don't do, eat too much to little, sleep to much to little stress no stress exercise no exercise .... I'm at 196.2 pretty much 50 pounds up since July..... I hate this and I can't seem to get my weight under control or know what's wrong.... Yes I've been tested for thyroid and diabeties ..... Any thoughts suggestions support at this point I'm literally pissed

Replies

• wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Track your cals you are eating too much!!!!
  • Omar_USAF
    Omar_USAF Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    no consistency?
  • plrbear90
    plrbear90 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm going through the same exact thing. I've done the Mediterranean Diet, Weight Watchers, Paleo, Atkins, sleeping enough, not stressing, cardio, weight training, crossfit, insanity, not working out, upping/lowering calories - nothing works! I'm at this point where I feel like not matter what I do, I will never loose weight. I even cut out fruit and the one packet of raw sugar I put in my coffee because I've become obsessive about it. I don't know what to do and I feel like I'm at my end. I feel like I'm just going to be stuck in hating the way that I feel. I've also been tested for a thyroid issue and it seems as if nothing is "medically" wrong with me - but something has to be.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    How long have you been logging?

Do you use a food scale?

Do you log everything and weigh everything?

Could you open up your diary?

Are you doing any exercises? If so, how are you calculating the burn? Do you eat these exercise calories back?

Have you lost any inches?
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    If you are tracking calories, being honest with yourself and working out the weight should come off!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    do you own a food scale?
    do you weight/measure/log everything?

more then likely you are not estimating calories intake correctly and are eating in a surplus...
  • MysteriousLdy
    MysteriousLdy Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Ever come across your mind..that probably is the muscle weight or water weight in body?
  • milyba
    milyba Posts: 49
    Options
    How long have you been logging? On and off years...on MFp ww journal

Do you use a food scale? I have and I've bought things with cal on them

Do you log everything and weigh everything? I have and am

Could you open up your diary? I can I've been tracking in journal but willing to switch over

Are you doing any exercises? If so, how are you calculating the burn? Do you eat these exercise calories back? I have in the past not so much now but I work two full time jobs

Have you lost any inches? No
    [/quote]
  • Spacegirlley
    Spacegirlley Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I was going through the same thing for about 2 years. I gained a whole other person in that time. I'm starting to see results now after buying a food scale and measuring everything. Somethings were more then I thought some were less. I track everything, food and drinks. So many people don't track their drinks, not sure why. The I switched to TDEE-20% and never eat back calories I have burnt. Seems to be working for me so far.
  • milyba
    milyba Posts: 49
    Options
    I have no muscles literally just fat.... Even stretch pants don't fit
  • GummyHuman
    GummyHuman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Everyday or week the scale goes up....no matter what I do or don't do, eat too much to little, sleep to much to little stress no stress exercise no exercise .... I'm at 196.2 pretty much 50 pounds up since July..... I hate this and I can't seem to get my weight under control or know what's wrong.... Yes I've been tested for thyroid and diabeties ..... Any thoughts suggestions support at this point I'm literally pissed

Literally?

I'd solve that issue first and then track and weigh all your food to make the weight go in the right direction.
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    It's not that hard. open up your diary and we'll look at it but my guess is that you're not actually doing what you insist you are doing.
    If you limit carbohydrates to under 100 grams a day it's almost impossible to gain fat. so open up the diary and let's see what you're actually doing, or say you're doing. yes, invest in a food scale and get real religious about weighing everything. but let's get the diary out.thanks. add me if you like and I'll look at the diary. but losing weight is quite straight forward. your body is not different.
  • RAR141
    Options
    Have your thyroid checked a few more times, maybe at random times. People always assume hypothyroid and completely forget about Hashimoto's. I was checked twice before my doctors found it. I am psychotic about counting calories, eating healthy and hitting every spin, cardio, Pilates and Yoga class my gym offers every week. I feel your pain. I went from 130 lbs to 160 in about a year. It made crazy! Gaining that much weight in that short of a time span sounds like a medical issue to me. I'm not an expert by any means. However, this was the case with me.
    Best of luck,
    R