• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    If you like crepes but don't want the carbs. Try my recipe
    Whisk together
    2 large eggs
    1.25c carbmaster skim milk
    3tbsp melted salted butter
    1 c chickpea flour(scoop and shake-not sifted)
    Pinch of salt

Cook on med in small nonstick pan. You can watch a YouTube video on how to cook crepes. Too much to explain
    60 calories a crepe, 11.5 G protein and 13 g carb in serving of 5. Makes a great wrap as well. Also gluten free. Each recipe makes 20 6" crepes
  • watermelonsugar_
    Options
    I tried Sun Warrior Protein with banana, egg whites, and almond milk.

It was gross, don't do it!

I might try out one of these. I love just banana and egg "pancakes" but I my first attempt at protein pancakes was a definite flop.

What's your favourite type of protein powder to use?
  • lwakeman1
    lwakeman1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    1/3 cup cottage cheese, 1/3 cup oats, 1 scoop protein, 1/2 Tsp baking powder, 1/4 cup almond milk. Blend together tin blender. Spoon onto griddle at a low temp.

I top them with more protein mixed with almond milk or warmed up berries

^This! Add Cinnamon or Pumpkin Spice to jazz it up a bit.
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    I successfully made some protein pancakes a fair while back using the following ingredients -

12.5gm of vanilla protein shake (I used Maxine's Burn)
    20gm of ground oatmeal
    2 egg whites
    1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
    1tsp of Stevia
    1tsp of Cinnamon

This recipe is 178 calories, 14gm carbs, 2gm fat, 22gm protein. I think it made about 4 palm sized pancakes.

I served it up with sugar free maple syrup and occasionally some sliced banana. So delish!

I haven't made it in a while so must make it again :)
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    My go to that I make all the time.

1/4c Oat Flour
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1/4c Greek yogurt
    1t baking soda
    1 egg white
    2T Almond Milk

I also use this recipe for pumpkin pancakes by switching out the Greek yogurt for the same amount of pumpkin. Fluffy pancakes that taste like pancakes, not dry crap.
  • MattHanoi
    Options
    Whole - unprocessed foods - healthy Protein Pancakes
    1 banana mashed
    1 scoop protein powder - any flavor
    1 T Almond or Peanut butter
    1 egg white
    1 T chia seeds - optional
    1 T ground flax seed - optional
    mix all of the above together for a base recipe.
    Calories: 411 Carbs 36 Fat 17 Protein 41 Sodium 153 Sugar 15

Then add as you wish:
    -- berries or diced fruits 1/4 cup
    -- nuts 1-2 Tablespoons
    Add in the calories for whatever you add

Drop by 1/4 cup fulls onto hot non-stick griddle
    Turn when they bubble.
    If you added flax, they will turn dark, it's ok.
    No butter. No Syrup.
    Just pick them up and eat them. They taste great!

That sounds good, thanks for the recipe
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Bump :D
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    1 egg
    1 scoop (30g) unflavoured Casein protein
    1/3 cup Self Raising Flour
    2/3 cup skim milk (or substitute any other type of milk) - vary until you get a pancake batter consistency
    pinch of baking powder

Just cook like normal pancakes! Essentially I've just substituted half the flour for casein, so they're as close as I've managed to get to real tasting pancakes. My kids (3 & 6 years old) can't even tell the difference and they're fussy as all hell :laugh: .

This works great with some blueberries throun in, and topped with some SF Maple syrup. It's my go to meal if I'm home on a Sunday morning. With a good espresso coffee on the side :)
  • Empty_Calories
    Empty_Calories Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    So many good recipes in here. Thank you all!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    1 large egg white
    1/4 cup flour
    1/4 cup protein powder (lately I've been using vanilla whey)
    1 tsp baking powder
    6oz plain greek yogurt
    Fruit for flavor, I've been mashing a banana into it recently but i've used all kinds of berries, mangoes, pineapples, etc in the past)

Smash all that together, cook them over lower heat than you would regular pancakes. This makes a pretty big stack

I make these with a whole egg and I add a bit of milk. They are delicious with baking soda, whole wheat pastry flour and fage yogurt.
  • MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I actually just blend 3/4 cup of egg white, 1/2 cup of oat, 1/4 almond milk, 1/2 tsp baking powder and a packet of stevia. I wasn't using pro powder for awhile because I'm allergic to the whey that I had, but I have some great vegan stuff now so will have to try one of the others!
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Make regular pancakes. And instead of topping with syrup, top with dannon light and fit greek yogurt. I used the blueberry and strawberry flavored, and it is very good.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup old fashioned oats
    1 scoop Vanilla protein powder (could use cake batter or cinnabon flavored too and it would be yummy)
    2 egg whites
    1/4 cup hot water
    cinnamon
    Almond extract (just a splash)

mix oatmeal and hot water together and let oats cook for 5 minutes. Then add the rest of the ingredients, cook on a skillet. Makes 4 each pancake has about 82 calories (but this will depend on your protein powder).

I have had no problem cooking these, they taste great and come out nice every time. In saying that, they are not as light and fluffy as regular pancakes but are really very good.

You cook???? How you doin????? :)
  • Dlacenere
    Dlacenere Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You have to make sure are you have something that adds moisture, I always use pure pumpkin but unsweetened applesauce, Greek yogurt or cottage cheese works too. Add in a few tablespoons of egg whites, a little baking powder and maybe 1/8 cup of coconut flour, peanut flour or almond flour and you are good to go.