Day 36: 15lbs down progress pics

Options
I've has MFP on my phone for about a year now but I've only really started to exercise and make moderation in eating a part of my life. Thought I would share my photos so far with you guys!
I know 15lbs doesn't seem like a life changing amount of weight but I felt like I needed to share some pics in case there were people out there in the first week of working out who needed some motivation... it's amazing what you can achieve in just one month!
Still have 20lbs to go to my "life goal" weight but I am extremely happy with my results in a relatively short period of time! If you guys want to see updates or anything like that in 60 or 90 days or WHEN I hit my goal weight/ BFP I'd be more than happy to share :)
Starting weight:
09fdeb25-4b99-4398-a920-c4c35751ea4c.jpg
This is during a family vacation- nothing insanely unhealthy and most people said that I didn't "need" to lose weight but the bloated belly and back fat really made me see that I needed to change my life style

Current weight:
6819e157-39a7-47c8-be3a-2701e37e0ce9.jpg
Counting cals, 30 day shred and hour long elliptical "marathons" has got me to one of my first milestones: ab definition!

Replies

• michybeans
    Options
    Fantastic work!!! And nice abs!! I am still hoping my abs reveal themselves one day.. haha... Great work in only 36 days wow. You should be proud.
  • katiewilsonxo
    katiewilsonxo Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thank you! It hasn't been easy but I am genetically predisposed towards muscle gain so I tend to see muscle with a higher body fat percentage... I feel like the rest of my journey will be about gradually increasing cardio endurance and mild weight training to get to that final goal!
  • EvilPink
    EvilPink Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I think you look great in both photos but I can see the difference. I think taking photos every so often, especially when you first start, is always so motivational. So many times we think oh it's taking forever to lose 10 lbs or oh, I'm not seeing a difference or oh, no one is noticing my loss, and a million other sabotaging thoughts but, when you have a side by side comparison, it helps to see that efforts are paying off and makes it easier to keep motivated.

Back fat - Sweet Lord I can relate! I started at 274 and am down 40 but that dang back fat is still hangin' on. I notice my loss in my face and especially my stomach; it's a lot thinner, but those two rolls on either side of my back just above my hip - UGH...can't wait for those to be gone! I need to start doing some kind of targeted exercises or something to help the process along.
  • eener201
    eener201 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am genetically predisposed towards muscle gain so I tend to see muscle with a higher body fat percentage...

Anyone able to explain this a little more in depth? I may be in the same boat. Recently hit goal weight through cardio and weight lifting ave. 5x a week but body fat is still through the roof. Just wondering if/how it's related.
  • eener201
    Options
    Congratulations by the way!!! You look great! :flowerforyou:
  • katiewilsonxo
    Options
    @evilpink Thank you so much for your kind words! Congrats on losing 40 lbs! We all have stubborn areas that just want to hang on for dear life (back and upper thighs for me) and all we can do is keep at it, celebrate the small victories and find people that support us! I saw my family for the first time since I started and the first thing that both my parents said was that they could tell how much weight I've lost... since we look at our selves in the mirror once a day or more we don't see that much of a change but pictures and the people around you can really boost your confidence and up that motivation to keep going!
  • katiewilsonxo
    Options
    I am genetically predisposed towards muscle gain so I tend to see muscle with a higher body fat percentage...

Anyone able to explain this a little more in depth? I may be in the same boat. Recently hit goal weight through cardio and weight lifting ave. 5x a week but body fat is still through the roof. Just wondering if/how it's related.

From what I understand, some people gain muscle really easily due to how the muscle fibres behave when put under stress. Our muscles tend to grow faster and thus end up looking more visible. It also has to do with how and where your body decides to store fat and natural body composition. Generally people who gain muscle easily have mesomorphic/athletic body types. I can see my abs but my hips, thighs and back are still fairly fatty relative to where my abs are at.

Edit: If you have hit your goal weight but still have a high body fat percentage it could mean one of two things: if you can see lots of muscle definition even with a higher body fat percentage you probably are in the same boat where you have "secret fat" that is hidden in different zones like the arms, thighs, hips or back OR if you have reached a goal weight but dont see muscle definition and still have a high BFP your body loses fat more evenly and to get ripped you'll probably need to up the cardio to get the BFP low enough to see the muscle you've been building with your lifting!
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I really LOVE that swimming suit by the way. I hope I can get small enough to confidentally wear that because I love it!
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look lovely and 15lb is a great achievement :flowerforyou:
  • eener201
    Options
    Thanks for the explanation, totally makes sense! Can't wait til I can FINALLY see my abs!
  • katiewilsonxo
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • hyper_stitch
    hyper_stitch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic well done! Feeling inspired now, I have 80 days to lose whatever I can so it's good to see what can be done when you set your mind to it!
  • Good for you girlfriend, awesome progress!
  • Freshdaisy
    Freshdaisy Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! You look great
  • katiewilsonxo
    Options
    you look fantastic well done! Feeling inspired now, I have 80 days to lose whatever I can so it's good to see what can be done when you set your mind to it!

80 days is plenty of time to kick start a weight loss goal! Just stay focused and dont slide backwards after you reach that goal!
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • katiewilsonxo
    Options
    *UPDATE PHOTO*

539a1516-b60a-4663-af94-da08b3aeb321_zps1283c220.jpg

21.4 lbs lost in 57 days

don't mind the bra :P
    ALSO... I bought a size SMALL blazer the other day!!! A first time for me in my whole life- my arms were always too fat to fit a small even if my body was slim enough
  • blb85
    blb85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Loving your success!!! It gives me real some real inspiration! I also know the feeling with having a slimmer body, but bigger arms... I used to be muscular and toned as a teenager, but losing my muscle it's turned to flab/fat which makes my arms bigger... I hope to be like you soon!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!