Quick and easy breakfast suggestions

Options
I am always running late getting out the door in the morning. Suggestions for breakfast ideas?

Replies

• loupammac
    loupammac Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My problem was I wasn't hungry in the morning until I got to school or work and then I'd be ravenous so I needed things I could tote with me. For school I used to whip up a smoothie (almond milk, protein powder) and take some fruit like a banana. I'd use a shaker cup and when I got to school I'd shake it up and drink it before I left the car. It wasn't the best health wise but it certainly did the trick of keeping me full until first break. My boyfriend totes cereal to work and uses milk from the break room when he gets there but his usual morning routine is fried eggs and sauce on bread. Gross but he likes it. One of my coworkers brings fruit salad and trail mix to tide her over until lunch.

I would think about about your transport and what's available at your destination. We have toasters, sandwich makers and microwaves in my break room. I know lots of people like oats but I think they're gross. I also have a sweet tooth so really savoury breakfasts like eggs or leftovers don't interest me at all.
  • marcellomoo
    marcellomoo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My weekday go to is half a new york bakery cinnamon and raisin bagel toasted with a well-heaped teaspoon of jam. 170cal
  • froggiebecky
    froggiebecky Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of boiled eggs and fruit. I boil 6-8 at a time and leave them in the fridge. Cheese works well, too, to replace the boiled eggs. If I need to, i can grab and go. Cereal leaves me ravenous by midmorning, so I try to find things that have protein and fat in them.
  • ghunter1
    ghunter1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with berries and honey, homemade granola bars (so easy to make), peanut butter on toast, fruit salad with yogurt. All apart from the toast can be prepared the night before and taken out with you.
  • Seabee74
    Seabee74 Posts: 314
    Options
    Cottage with a piece of toast etc... They even make the portion size cottage cheese cups for on the go now..
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Cottage with a piece of toast

Self-Catering_Cottage_Potterne.jpg

What a delicious looking cottage, all I need is a piece of toast to go with it.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    cereal and a protein shake is my daily regimen lately
  • sirreddog
    Options
    Try 1 cup raw oats, 1 cup nonfat yogurt, 1 grated apple, 1/4 c raisins, and cinnamon mixed together and leave over night. In the morning take a serving and top with tangerine slices and sliced almonds. Yummy
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Boil some eggs the night before, and have a couple of them?

Cereal bar/protein bar

Put some oats in a tupperwear and boil some hot water

Slices of toast

Fruit

Yoghurts
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    it's probably not much help but I weigh out my porridge into little jars to speed things up (and because they look really cute on my shelves) you still have to find time to cook and eat tho... I just wanted to show off about the jars really. :tongue:
  • paulahunter3
    Options
    We did a blog post on this if you want to take a look?

http://thesweetchillisisters.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/healthy-breakfast-ideas.html
  • jelie3110
    Options
    I make an egg casserole every Sunday, cut it up and Pop a piece in the microwave every morning. Check out a website called Kalyn's kitchen, there are tons of great recipies there. Good Luck,
  • fruitloops313
    fruitloops313 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I make dish of baked steel cut oats every Sunday evening. In the mornings, I dip some out, heat it and add some fruit.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I recently found a recipe for baked oatmeal, I made it Sunday and once it cooled, I cut it into the 8 servings and put each in a ziploc baggie so I can just grab it out of the fridge and eat it cold or warm it up depending on how I feel that day and it's something that I can change up every week just by using different fruit, nuts, and spices
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I've been trying this: http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal It's delicious, there are several variations, and if you make up a big batch on the weekend you're good to go all week :-)
  • RobynSeabrook
    RobynSeabrook Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've been making fruit smoothies! Bought some bags of mixed frozen fruit, put 80g in the blender with 150ml of skimmed milk and some honey. It's quick, easy, pretty cheap and tasty (and less than 150 calories).
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,677 Member
    Options
    Same idea as the refrigerator oats: 100g no fat yoghurt, 10-20g rolled oats, a teaspoon of jam or maple syrup to sweeten the mixture. You can make it the night before and store it in tupperware pots if you need to take it with you. Add a piece of fruit and you've got a pretty balanced breakfast.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    The classic "two ingredient cookies" everyone on here are talking about are great for breakfast.

Two bananas + 1 cup quick oats (drop on parchment lined pan - bake at 350 for 15 minutes)

I add protein powder (for dem macros) and choco chips (for noms) personally, but you can add whatever you want. It isn't a quick thing to whip up every morning but you can make one batch and they keep fine for the week.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    one minute is all it takes to make a packet of oatmeal.. and it packed with good fiber to keep you satisfied longer. you can also try to make ahead some muffin pan fritatas. I seen these on biggest loser. seems like a good idea and easy to warm up and eat on the go. you could also get you one of those egg muffin microwave things from walmart and make your own egg mcmuffins to eat when driving. eggs have a lot of protein. you need a breakfast with protein and fiber so that you can stay satisfied for longer.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Bacon sarnie