Replies

• oBuckethead
    oBuckethead Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it in Rochester NY.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Got a link? I'm in Suffolk Co. but I've been wanting to try a color run...might be able to convince a few people to come along.
  • Resanzo
    Resanzo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Color Run in Cleveland on May 10th.
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I are doing the Color Run in Lansing Michigan July 12 th.
  • stacek4
    stacek4 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    knitapeace
    http://thecolorrun.com/events/

I'm trying to find some people that are doing the one in Queens to run with, but so far no luck. Has anyone done one before?
  • HipsterWhovian
    HipsterWhovian Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do the one in Brighton, UK. Never run a 5K before - it could be interesting!
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link! I emailed it to my fitness buddy and will see if anyone else is interested...I'll let you know. :)
  • oBuckethead
    oBuckethead Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've done it before. It's a lot of fun. Things I would recommend is bring something to cover your mouth and nose when you run through the colors or you're going to be snorting/ coughing up color for hours and bring towels for your car.
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I've done it before. It's a lot of fun. Things I would recommend is bring something to cover your mouth and nose when you run through the colors or you're going to be snorting/ coughing up color for hours and bring towels for your car.

This ^^^^

I did one in NJ last August and it was a lot of fun, but man, it was hard to breathe or see when you're running through the "colors". At the end of the race they have a big gathering and do a countdown and everyone throws their color packet into the air, which is awesome, and looks awesome from afar, but when you're in the middle of it....wow lol, it's a fog and hard to breathe! And from sweating the color was caked on us, so I would suggest bringing gallons of water and leaving them in your car or with a friend who's willing to come and watch so you can scrub off.

I would def do it again, especially now that I know better what to expect!

Have fun!!!
  • stacek4
    stacek4 Posts: 30 Member
    Options

This ^^^^

I did one in NJ last August and it was a lot of fun, but man, it was hard to breathe or see when you're running through the "colors". At the end of the race they have a big gathering and do a countdown and everyone throws their color packet into the air, which is awesome, and looks awesome from afar, but when you're in the middle of it....wow lol, it's a fog and hard to breathe! And from sweating the color was caked on us, so I would suggest bringing gallons of water and leaving them in your car or with a friend who's willing to come and watch so you can scrub off.

I would def do it again, especially now that I know better what to expect!

Have fun!!!

^^Huge thanks for the advice! It's always good to have a heads up, especially for things like this.

To everyone who's going to do one, good luck! I'm still trying to find some more people to run with, so hopefully I can find a good group. I appreciate everyone's responses!