It takes 4 weeks to see your body changing...

Options
8 weeks for friends and family to see it
12 weeks for the rest of the world.

I've seen this a million times but never put much thought into it. I just celebrated my 30 days of logging today. I've officially lost 8 pounds since I started (my ticker is from my highest weight but before I started religiously using MFP). I started week 2 of Fitness Blender's 4 week fat loss program last night.

Lately, when I look in the mirror, I can SEE differences. My face looks slimmer, the double chin I used to have is WAY less obvious, and I feel like my belly is flatter too. At first I thought it was my imagination and I was just thinking these things because I KNOW I've been working out. But then I came across this quote again, and I realized...it's been 4 weeks. Nobody else has noticed yet because it has only been 4 weeks. in 4 more, I will compare to the pictures I just took and see where I'm at. Until then, you bet I'm pushing on!

Just wanted to share the "moment" I had last night. Stick with it friends, you'll get there soon!!

Replies

• Starfish1125
    Starfish1125 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this! I've been slipping down the negative slope lately and I needed this boost. So glad you're seeing the results of your hard work!!! :drinker:
  • Nephy07
    Nephy07 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :) I'm almost done with 3rd week of that program, can't wait to finish next week to record my results
  • trjlove75
    trjlove75 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Like you...I am at week five of my health journey. I am determined as ever. I have lost 10 lbs thus far of my 50lb goal. I am starting to see the hard work. Hang in there everyone who are getting discouraged and feel like the weight is not going anywhere. Don't forget to have fun and challenge yourself. Most of all don't beat yourself up!!!! Everyday is a new day, every step is a movement closer!!!

I am here for you!!!
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    im using this concept too... im on my 6th week and I've seen changes from my fourth... pushing to the 12th week... and beyond... :)
  • Samby_v1
    Samby_v1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I've always eaten relatively sensibly but I give up on exercise when I don't see instant results. Am relatively fit and flexible which I think makes me go for more intense workouts which I'm not quite ready for (especially after being away from exercise). Your comments are really encouraging. I have to remember I want to improve my fitness for life, not just 'bikini body' faddishness!
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I was the opposite. Other people were seeing changes before I was seeing them.
  • BeanQueen3000
    Options
    I'm in the same place; noticed last night that NONE of my bras fit properly now :)
  • VolinGA
    VolinGA Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's great information! I just finished first week, only lost 2lbs, but 2 less then before.
  • olenka252
    Options
    I started 6 weeks ago and that is right, 2 weeks ago I noticed that I'm a bit smaller, finally! My jeans are a bit more loose in the thighs, and when I look in the mirror at the gym I can see that my hips are a bit less wide!
    It's also good to keep track and measure yourself every week or two, so you can confirm what you see with maths :P

I'm going back to class next week after an exam session break, I hope that someone will notice it too, it's a great feeling when someone appreciates your success.

You go girls and guys :D
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm 7 weeks and (pretty much) 11lb down. Nobody else has noticed yet, but I remain convinced my stomach is flatter. Other than that I don't think I look any different, but I think that's because I lose weight evenly all over (which I guess is super good/lucky) so I look the same proportionally as I always did. It's not like 'oh my boobs are so much smaller now' or 'my thighs have shrunk'

I do know that I've lost 3.5-4" from everything though I SWEAR I AM SMALLER, WORLD. HONEST.

Edited because I can't count
  • holliebaker90
    holliebaker90 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! Keep it up!

I have personally been slacking... Over the past few months I start to loose weight and then slack off and start gaining it back almost immediately. I ALWAYS get to around 8-9 pounds and then the loosing slows WAY down. It frustrates me to the point of, "well I can try to get back on track in a few days" and that is where I start gaining again.

You are so strong to get to this point!
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    It does take awhile. For me it's not about weeks but the pounds gone before I or anyone saw results. It wasn't till I hit the 50+ pounds loss that I saw the thinner face when I looked in the mirror a couple weeks ago. Yes people noticed before me and said as much but it is taking my brain a long time to catch up. I am older and wanted to lose between 60 and 70 pounds. I am about 10-12 pounds away from that goal and really struggling at this point. Thank you for your insight this morning. I am not giving up just need fresh encouragement to keep going.
  • WanderingGypsySoul
    Options
    I am the same way!!!! 30 days ago, I started with my personal trainer. And I, too can see the difference!! Keep up the great work love!! :):):)