'Unproportional' Body

So, my body is really not proportional( hence the title :laugh: )
Like my top half is a size 6 yet my legs are a size 12
Anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• Nimue108
    Nimue108 Posts: 110 Member
    I am a pear shaped girl who is a small on top and a medium to large on bottom.I have just learned to accept it and try to make them the most toned they can be, lol. That is why I joined roller derby.
  • Ah, yes, welcome to the world of Pear shapes.

But then again, who said that's not the way we are supposed to look like? :wink:
  • SaebraSpirit
    SaebraSpirit Posts: 150 Member
    I understand completely, my legs and butt have always been way bigger than my upper body which is one of the reasons I've taken up weightlifting to help haha.
    I used to think something was wrong with me especially when I saw all those pretty models in the ads or magazines with the thin graceful bodies and here mine was bulky and disproportionate.

But I slowly realized that I was built to run and be athletic not a thin, weak sex object.
    So I run track, I play sports, I build my body and thats just how I like it, I am not ashamed anymore for who I am :)

So don't worry, its all just a part of you, find what clothes best show your body and wear them with confidence and love yourself! <3
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    I look 7 months pregnant and have skinny legs. It's very annoying.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Under all that will go with hard work, you are left with your own body shape. It is impossible to change bone structure or genetics. We all have problems that stem from not being perfect. I know that my *kitten* and thighs will be a part of my pear shape forever. The most important gift we can give ourselves as women is to change what we can and learn to love what we can't. :flowerforyou:
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    you are a beautiful girl no matter what your proportions - live it, work it and enjoy all you were given :)
  • Nimue108
    Nimue108 Posts: 110 Member
    I gotta say that I would rather have my bigger thighs and butt than being a stick. My legs are strong and I am proud of that. I will never be like a model, but I am proud of my big butt and thighs because they can do amazing things! Show your body some love and it will show you what it is capable of. :heart: :bigsmile:
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    I'm the opposite, I'm a size 8 bottom (or medium), but because of my "linebacker" shoulders, my suit jackets have to be a size 10 -12, sometimes even a 14 depending on the style. Makes it difficult to buy suits.
  • Its always good too know I'm not the only one.
    I guess Ill just have to accept it
    Damn you, genetics!:grumble: :laugh:
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Under all that will go with hard work, you are left with your own body shape. It is impossible to change bone structure or genetics. We all have problems that stem from not being perfect. I know that my *kitten* and thighs will be a part of my pear shape forever. The most important gift we can give ourselves as women is to change what we can and learn to love what we can't. :flowerforyou:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference ~ Reinhold Niebuhr
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    I gotta say that I would rather have my bigger thighs and butt than being a stick. My legs are strong and I am proud of that. I will never be like a model, but I am proud of my big butt and thighs because they can do amazing things! Show your body some love and it will show you what it is capable of. :heart: :bigsmile:
    sticks have feelings too.
  • itsfatum
    itsfatum Posts: 113 Member
    Sounds like you found the reason why guys tend to be obsessed with abs+arms and girls with butt+legs. There is where those last pounds are.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Look at me from the front: decent symmetric outline, slightly hourglass, even at that weight...

Then I turn my side to you and stop holding in my belly and you gasp - total apple shape...

Not to mention all the disproportions when you look closer - one of my breasts is bigger than the other (always has been) and I have always had trouble finding large enough hats. It's not so obvious but it's a fact - I have a huge head. If only it was all brains :laugh:

Funny thing is, I *love* the "imperfections" in my husband's body. So I am just trying to learn to love my own too.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,902 Member
    I understand completely, my legs and butt have always been way bigger than my upper body which is one of the reasons I've taken up weightlifting to help haha.
    I used to think something was wrong with me especially when I saw all those pretty models in the ads or magazines with the thin graceful bodies and here mine was bulky and disproportionate.

But I slowly realized that I was built to run and be athletic not a thin, weak sex object.
    So I run track, I play sports, I build my body and thats just how I like it, I am not ashamed anymore for who I am :)

So don't worry, its all just a part of you, find what clothes best show your body and wear them with confidence and love yourself! <3
    Good for you. Media and society put a lot of pressure on how females perceive what is "sexy" or "normal".

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • will2lose72
    will2lose72 Posts: 128 Member
    I have always said this too...another pear shape here. I will be ok with being an un-proportionate smaller size though! :laugh:
  • karona513
    karona513 Posts: 8 Member
    a thin, weak sex object.
    being a stick

Must you put down other body shapes in order to make yourself feel better about yours?
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Must you put down other body shapes in order to make yourself feel better about yours?

I had not seen all the replies but this struck me too on second look. The sad thing is, that's how we're conditioned. The easiest way to calm our insecurities about our own perceived weaknesses is to call on the perceived weaknesses in others.

It hurts when someone does it to us but we can just mindlessly do it to someone else. I am quite sure it was not intentional, but that's exactly how it reads. This is a wake-up call and food for thought I think.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Sounds like you are a pear. Hey, that's a sexy body type to have if you ask me ;-)

Going by "measurements", last time I checked my hips were an 8, my waist a 0, and my chest a 6. Women come in all shapes and one size doesn't fit all!
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    yea i think we all have out disproportion . i have an extra small waist and hips but my top is a medium . makes me look really weird
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member

So wonderful to hear a woman who wants to get fit to be strong and capable, and not just get attention from boys.

:flowerforyou:

:huh:

I think there are lots of women who want to be fit and strong and capable......many of them are on this site.