No big deal here, but I have to pat myself on the back...

Options
PinkyFett
PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
I did a combo walking/running on the treadmill today! A whole mile. I'm proud of myself :bigsmile:

To me, that's a success story for sure.

Replies

• jannalovescoffee
    jannalovescoffee Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Great job!
  • kdrats64
    kdrats64 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep up the great work! Next time it will be even longer and more run and walk!
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Definitely a success story! Congrats!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Great effort! Good for you! Keep it up! You give me inspiration.
  • kickivale
    kickivale Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I've been running for quite some time now, and some days I get to about 3 minutes in and I'm like HOW IS THIS STILL HARD WORK?!?! You are doing something really tough. The pride you feel is LEGIT :flowerforyou:
    Don't you just wanna get off the treadmill and dance a little because you love your progress so much? It's a high!
  • mthr2
    mthr2 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    When I decided I wanted to start running last year I kept it a secret for a while....but then when I tried it and had similar success to yours, I realized that WOW I could do it and then I was hooked.

Awesome for you and YES it is a big deal!
  • rbear713
    rbear713 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    YAY You!! Keep it up!! Next stop Two miles? Proud of You!!
  • Mar22ie
    Mar22ie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!!:happy:
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Don't you just wanna get off the treadmill and dance a little because you love your progress so much? It's a high!

YES haha I do, but I think my kids would have looked at me really weird!!
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!! That's a big nsv, not little!
  • Amandabelanger614
    Amandabelanger614 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up! All victories count, i saw a man at my gym was disabled walking on the treadmill next to me. I noticed at the 5 min mark he screamed "Yes!". We all have our little victories!!! They all count!!!!
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options

YES haha I do, but I think my kids would have looked at me really weird!!

Eh, let 'em look! You deserve a victory dance, and it will burn even more calories! :happy:

Remember this feeling on those days when its harder to feel motivated. I sometimes have to remind myself about how good I feel after a workout in order to get my lazy butt up.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up! All victories count, i saw a man at my gym was disabled walking on the treadmill next to me. I noticed at the 5 min mark he screamed "Yes!". We all have our little victories!!! They all count!!!!

That's one of the best little stories I've ever heard!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!