Anyone else gained weight over valentines day?

Options
I have been very bad during the valentines day week, I have eaten a full box of chocolates and had some sneaky drinks too! I stepped on the scales two days ago and gained 3lbs! Luckily today was my weigh in and I have lost that 3lbs but stayed at my weight that I was last week. No no gain nor lose, which I am happy about. Guess I'll have to work harder this week to try and lost more! Just 7lbs more to lose before I hit my first goal of 14lbs in total! And to be honest.... This is actually the most weight I have lost in my entire life!

Feel free to add me guys, I go on here daily xxx

P.S.... Have you gained weight over valentines day? If so DO NOT get discouraged! Sometimes you can treat yourself, but be sensible! And not like me by eating a full box haha!!!

Replies

• nicolegrimes35
    Options
    Yes I gained back 7lbs! Ugh :((( So depressing! But it's a whole new week!!! Back at it this week! 59013527.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • KLiburd86
    KLiburd86 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Probably but I'm not brave enough to step on the scale and find out.

I'm the same! Not weighing myself until Sunday, when I will have hopefully undone the damage!!
  • jjanay100
    jjanay100 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yes! Wine, pizza and just not logging mixed with a snowstorm that prevented running added up to 2 pounds!! Why is is so hard to lose yet SO easy to gain!!! I am down 1 pound so just a little more than I weighed week. Now today is my birthday so more Wine, some cake and going out for supper. Then I am back on track!!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Valentines Day? Is that the day when people waste £10 on a Valentines Day card?
  • ntshs
    ntshs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes! I cooked up a storm for V-day dinner and then drinks and chocolate for the rest of the weekend.... gained 3lbs, but I'm not going to worry about it too much and just keep doing what I'm doing :)
  • amcfadde
    amcfadde Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Four SNOW storms + 4 lbs gained. Ugh
  • degoat11
    Options
    I definitely fell off the wagon this weekend and gained some! Today's a new day though and back to eating right. Have to take it one day at a time to keep from getting down about a few bad days.
  • keeptehpeace
    keeptehpeace Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I did but it must have been all water weight since I'm back to my original weight from the 13th!
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I remained the same.

My fiancé and I share a birthday two days before Valentine's Day. I couldn't eat my pie on my birthday, so I ate it on the 13th. We went for dinner on Valentine's Day, I couldn't finish my meal, so I ate it on the 15th. And then I started getting my monthly pre-period ravenous hunger the next day, then I got my period and overate, and now I'm on day two of my period and don't want to eat much at all. I'm not weighing myself for a couple of days.
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I gained but I dont want to weigh myself to confirm:) Yikes!

Back to the gym today!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    You all do realize that scientifically and mathematically you don't put on 3, 4, 5 lbs of fat on over the course of a weekend right? You've all heard of natural body weight fluctuations right? You all know that a bit of over indulgence can cause water retention right?

These threads just make me cringe at the lack of understanding of how the human body actually works...
  • dmarsh1018
    dmarsh1018 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I don't think this thread mentioned anything about gaining fat, just gaining weight. Meaning the scale is up, by any means....be it water, fat, muscle, unshaved hair, longer finger nails, etc. Just saying.

On that note, up five pounds since Friday!
  • loricshields47
    loricshields47 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Not this year! Last year during this time of year however I did have a brief but assorted affair with that sweet Valentino Chocolatte. I ditched him and ran (literally) back into the forgiving arms of Gym.

I learned my lesson, shed the guilt that weighed heavy on my hips and can now where a smile on my lips :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I don't think this thread mentioned anything about gaining fat, just gaining weight. Meaning the scale is up, by any means....be it water, fat, muscle, unshaved hair, longer finger nails, etc. Just saying.

On that note, up five pounds since Friday!

And why would anyone care about that stuff...it's not fat...just sayin'.

These threads make me cringe because none of that matters at all and these threads just serve to illustrate the unhealthy relationships people have with the scale which often leads to other unhealthy and obsessive behaviors. They're just sad.
  • MrsCurvyFab
    MrsCurvyFab Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I did!! I gained 5lbs over the weekend..i stepped on the scale this AM!! but i have meal prepped and made all my dinner and lunches last night.. so no excuses. and doing some much needed cardio and training! i will be happy just to break even!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    You all do realize that scientifically and mathematically you don't put on 3, 4, 5 lbs of fat on over the course of a weekend right? You've all heard of natural body weight fluctuations right? You all know that a bit of over indulgence can cause water retention right?

These threads just make me cringe at the lack of understanding of how the human body actually works...

Yup. Same with the Christmas, Thanksgiving, Labor Day, Summer Equinox, etc. etc. posts.

You would have to eat a tremendous amount each day to MAYBE gain a slight amount.. It is, almost always, water retention.

It's a shame that people get depressed, start to undereat further, or even stop tracking at all over something that would be gone within a week of the body adjusting.
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I "apparently" gained 6 lbs or so over the weekend but not in fat (obviously that would be ridiculous) due to high sodium meals, I cut down on sodium yesterday and drank lots and have been going to the bathroom quite a bit yesterday and today from all the water weight lol, today I'm down below what my weigh in was last week so almost all the water weight is out. Keep that in mind anyone who's gained a few pounds... Check your sodium levels, especially if like me you kept close to calorie goals but had a lot of salts.
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I wasn't good this weekend either! Went out to dinner for Valentine's Day and had yummy dinner and wine.....went to Napa on Saturday and drank more wine.....time to get back to it! It's so much easier to behave during the week than it is on the weekend!!!
  • lauren_gibbons
    lauren_gibbons Posts: 61 Member
    Options

^^^^^ This
  • Indiri13
    Indiri13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I took the weekend off and ate at maintenance all weekend long. So I "gained" 5 pounds (water and food weight, both temporary) but it will be gone in 4-5 days-ish. It actually worked out really well because you're supposed to take a break from a constant deficit every now and then, which is REALLY hard for me to do but being on vacation made it so much easier. Now I'm back home in my regular environment and I jumped back in with both feet this morning.

Bottom line: Breaks are good for you and if you stick to maintenance then the weight gain is just temporary stuff any way.