twinsfan1976 1.8lbs
    ley1 3lbs
    ferff3 1lb
    taz12 3lbs
    loveusa 3lbs
    RodgerBuckley 4lbs (in 4 weeks)
    lornawalker 2lbs

Good luck to all! And thanks for your continued support

Good job everyone!! Congrats on the losses!! With this Christmas Challenge I've managed to get down to my goal weight of 145lbs!! I'm very happy! I have my annual physical at the Dr.s tomorrow and I can proudly stand on the scale knowing that I'm now healthier and in the healthy BMI range!! Yay!!! I don't feel like I'm done just yet though! I'd love to try to lose 10 more lbs. I don't expect that by Christmas, but another 5 by Christmas would be awesome!!! Sooo, thanks for the challenge and all the encouragement!!!
    Lets get those workouts going and count those calories!!! Christmas is just around the corner and we are going to be smokin' hot this year!!! :happy:
  • jippygirl
    jippygirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Lost 1 pound over the holiday. Unbelievable. I could not have done it without having to be accountable for what I ate to myself and MFP! On to another week!
  • ley1
    ley1 Posts: 115
    Options
    well my scales are showing me as down 2lbs already this week but i've had flu badly and havent really eaten anything properly since monday night dinner so i think that might be why lol!

hopefully when the old appetite returns i wont gain it all back!
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    well my scales are showing me as down 2lbs already this week but i've had flu badly and havent really eaten anything properly since monday night dinner so i think that might be why lol!

hopefully when the old appetite returns i wont gain it all back!

I too had a virus or something that made me quite ill last week. I wouldn't be surprised if the scale didn't move this week for me. Hope your feeling better now.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    don't know when the actual weigh-in day is but here are my most current stats:
    SW (for the challenge) 179
    CW (as of this morning) 168.4
    GW 159
  • iavue
    iavue Posts: 63
    Options
    165...no change! UGH!
  • Heidi716
    Heidi716 Posts: 135
    Options
    I'm down 2lbs this week and over Thanksgiving weekend I feel like it's a miracle! Not really I was pretty good, I didn't over indulge on Thursday and I ran a 5 mile Turkey Trot then I got right back on program on Friday and did not stop drinking water for the rest of the weekend! Yay Me! Yay to all of you who lost as well and even if you didn't no worries just keep plugging away and it will come off! You can DOOOO it!
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    No change so far. Hopefully Monday will see a change.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Down 2 pounds this week. I really need to lose an extra pound during one of the next couple of weeks to finish this properly!
  • twilightteamedward
    Options
    Down 2lbs this week!! Running total for this challenge =11lbs so far!
  • merguson
    Options
    Down 3 lbs this week!!!!!
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    i want to do it but i dont know how to track and follow this?
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Nothing like having a lousy week for dropping weight. Having spent weeks at the same weight, my mother in law died suddently on Sunday and we spent 3 days up north sorting funeral arrangements and not eating enough. I get home and I've lost 1.8lbs! Just need to make sure that I don't now gain it back.

anyways will weigh in tomorrow and report the loss officially but just needed to vent!
  • cataclysm
    Options
    Hi All!

Its great to see some old faces back on the thread with some positive results!

I am compiling the list as always (to be posted monday)! Keep the good results coming :)

I refuse to get on the scales this week due to aunt flo being in town!

Speak to you all soon!
  • cataclysm
    Options
    i want to do it but i dont know how to track and follow this?

Hi There,

Just join in the conversations on the thread and post the amount of LBS you lose for the week over the weekend. A list is then put up on monday with everyones losses.

Welcome to the challenge!
  • taz12
    taz12 Posts: 32
    Options
    Hey there guys. Have decided not to go near the scales this week cause I had 3 christmas parties this week and I know it will not be positive news. will log in again next friday and get back on track in the meantime!!! Good luck everyone. xxx
  • rayfromtx
    Options
    CW 185
    loss for week 2 lbs
    challenge loss to date 12
    GW 180

I have reset my calorie goals as I approach my final goal in order to better work on my ultimate goal which is health and fitness. I expect my weight loss to slow dramatically or fluctuate as I add in the extra calories. I don't expect to get to 180 by Xmas as to do so would have negative consequences on fitness. I'm working out more and starting to build strength and I need to give my body the resources it needs to do that. I'm fitting in my new clothes and liking what I see in the mirror so no worries there. The weight loss has been quick. The next part is going to take the rest of my life. No race to get there.
  • merguson
    Options
    CW 185
    loss for week 2 lbs
    challenge loss to date 12
    GW 180

I have reset my calorie goals as I approach my final goal in order to better work on my ultimate goal which is health and fitness. I expect my weight loss to slow dramatically or fluctuate as I add in the extra calories. I don't expect to get to 180 by Xmas as to do so would have negative consequences on fitness. I'm working out more and starting to build strength and I need to give my body the resources it needs to do that. I'm fitting in my new clothes and liking what I see in the mirror so no worries there. The weight loss has been quick. The next part is going to take the rest of my life. No race to get there.

That's fantastic!! Way to go!!
  • merguson
    Options
    Hey there guys. Have decided not to go near the scales this week cause I had 3 christmas parties this week and I know it will not be positive news. will log in again next friday and get back on track in the meantime!!! Good luck everyone. xxx

I totally understand! With Christmas parties on the go now,it is so hard to avoid those temptations! I hosted a Christmas get together last night. I just couldn't bring myself to log the food. It was all appetizers with loads of carbs and cheese. I personally though, will step on the scale. I feel it is important for me to see the results and hold myself accountable. If I don't step on the scale then, what's stopping me from continuing to eat all the crap. It helps me a little bit to keep on track. Stay strong. We can do this.
  • merguson
    Options
    Help through the holidays!!! What are some things you are doing to keep on track while at the holiday gatherings???? Here's a couple of things I tried last night,

1. Held my wine glass in my hand but only sipped slowly. (This way, no one could refill it while I left it on the table.) 1 glass of wine lasted me at least an hour if not an hour and half. (That's great for me, I love my wine ;)

2. Piled my plate with loads of raw veggies first, so there was less room on it for all the high calorie foods. (We did appetizers last night.)

Any other tips for making it through the holiday gatherings???? I'm going to need all the help I can get! I can't be the only one!!!