Hobbies? Crazy or Otherwise?

Options

Replies

• liftsforchocolate
    Options
    besides volunteering, baking, lifting, belly dancing, reading :)
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I sing in a Rock choir of about 100 people called the Arizona Vocal Project. We sing music from Muse, Cold play, Evanescence, U2, Radio Head, Damien Rice.

I love it.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I ride horses.
  • SweetTrouble_
    SweetTrouble_ Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I collect nudes to scrapbook with.
  • TexasEngr
    TexasEngr Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    This will sound super boring/nerdy but I am into researching my family history/ancestry :)
  • SweetTrouble_
    SweetTrouble_ Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Ok a real one I have....I like to look for fern fossils in a shallow area of a creek near my parents house.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Writing/blogging, photography, ghost hunting, crochet.

ETA: Reading...I forgot reading...
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Origami, woodworking, gardening, and soon to be lockpicking.

Omg... lockpicking is so...something. I have an intro kit and a handful of locks I've taken apart and repinned multiple times. Such a fun, careful, tedious, exacting hobby.

Also: gaming, lifting, shooting, reading, writing, arithmetic, old cars, motorcycles, and my pup.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Thrift shopping, flea markets, etc. I like cooking, baking, and all sorts of Artsy endeavors too. My husband and I have a hobby of collecting old and new magazines and making collage scrapbooks with them. It is SO fun and for us that takes up a huge chunk of time that most people spend watching TV.

As for active stuff...I walk, hike, bike (mostly on trails, I get freaked by traffic). I loooove swimming and hope to do that again sometime soon.
  • katinachaos
    katinachaos Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Medieval combat reenactment, here, too! Check out Belegarth or Dagorhir for something near you. Good fun exercise, and an excellent way to relieve stress!
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Women that fish....:love::flowerforyou:

Incase you hadn't guessed I fish myself! I've had many hobbies over the years but fishing remains a constant.
  • Bigmitch41
    Bigmitch41 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Motorcycle roadracing around the ultimate road circuit in the world, the IOM TT Course, plus other circuits like the Southern 100, Oulton Park, Cadwel Park, Anglesey in the UK.....

Also keeping fit Mountain biking, hiking, walking, running etc
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Yet another reenactor here - both SCA and HEMA swordfighting, archery, and I'm training my horse up for jousting, since I spend so much time with both I thought I might as well combine the two. Also training him for orienteering and Le Trec - you won't find me in a showjumping arena or anything like that!

I also hike and bike as a way to stay fit, and let my housemate drag me to Irish dance classes (set, not step).

I play in a medieval band, too (I mostly do historic woodwinds) and tailor our own costumes for that.

I read a lot, mostly sci-fi. And I'm an avid gamer, tabletop and PC.

I don't own a television, wouldn't have time for it!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Cycling, golf, photography and collect pre-war baseball cards.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Ladies of the night and nose candy.

Just kidding. I sew, and cook. And read stuff. I just like to pretend I'm interesting, I'm actually a 90 year old woman.
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I collect international and US coins and currency and train in Jiu Jitsu.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Spare time, what is thing you speak of? LOL

Exercise is a hobby and that takes much of spare time, but I think of it as a must :)

Besides that, I read books and comic books. As well as SHOPPING, but that gets pricey, LOL.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Ladies of the night and nose candy.

Hookers and blow FTMFW!
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Auto racing (track days, autocross), running, snowboarding, hiking.
  • shrimpydoo
    shrimpydoo Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I sew. I repurpose items from old denims and discarded clothing. ALso cook a lot. Garden in the summer. Fish & hunt too. Keeping busy is key for me.