Carbs and IIFYM nutrition plan?

Options
Carbs and IIFYM nutrition plan? Mine says 23.1 grams per day.......my fiber bars have 26 that would have me over Carbs first thing in the AM, but even if I left that out most of the fruits & veggie's I eat have carbs too.......the whole carbs thing confuses the bajeebers outta me.........LOL Can anyone shed some light on this for me.....suggestions?

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to do a low carb diet? Also, you can subtract the fiber. If it has 26 total carbs but 18 of them are fiber, you count it as 8 carbs.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Carbs and IIFYM nutrition plan? Mine says 23.1 grams per day.......my fiber bars have 26 that would have me over Carbs first thing in the AM, but even if I left that out most of the fruits & veggie's I eat have carbs too.......the whole carbs thing confuses the bajeebers outta me.........LOL Can anyone shed some light on this for me.....suggestions?

Chances are carbs are so low because your protein intake is uber high.

If you calculated your macro needs from the IIFYM site and are overweight+, your protein macro is way too high, as it uses bodyweight to calculate protein needs. Bodyweight is fine when you aren't overweight, its easier to use, but when you are overweight lean body mass (LBM) should be used for protein calculations in lieu of bodyweight.

When calculating LBM for determining protein needs, you really don't have to be any more accurate than the rough area. Any moderately decent calculation of body fat% (used to determine LBM) will do; LBM = (1-(BF%/100))*bodyweight).
  • sjones215
    sjones215 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you that was helpful........I think I have the macro's set to better parameters now. Thanks again.