Pre- Workout Food?

Options
Hi! I am just curious what your go to pre-workout snacks or meals are. This morning I had 25 grams of protein and some coffee and an apple putting me at 600 calories or so. I seemed to have a good workout.

Are there certain foods you make sure tp eat pr certain macros you hit before working out?
Any thoughts are appreciated :)

Replies

• 000Linda000
    000Linda000 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Right before a workout, you want thinks that will give you energy right away and also balance you out. Also keep the calorie count below half of what you burn, in general, that's 300 cals/hour. Here's some of the things I usually have:

1) peanut butter and pretzels crackers( hard pretzels)
    2)banana and nuts(unsalted)

One thing to remember is to drink lots of water both before and during your workout.
    Have fun!
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a protein/fiber bar before I work out. If anyone is like me, I can't eat a whole lot before a workout. It makes the work out less enjoyable and I usually get cramps if I eat anything of too much substance. I stick to the bars and like the other poster said ... water!

Then come home and eat a good meal :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    There's no need for specific pre-workout foods. Just eat what you plan on eating for the day. Meal timing doesn't matter.