Looking for accountability partners!

Options
Hi! I did a fitness challenge back in February of 2009 and successfully lost 30 pounds by that summer. An eye injury, a move out of state, a daughter off to college and a divorce later, all since then, I have successfully gained back all 30 pounds!

I know I can do this because I did it before. Sadly, now almost 45 years old with the metabolism of a 75 year old, and a body of whacked out hormonal imbalances as it goes through menopause, I am once again disappointed in myself and extremely eager to get this weight back off and FOR GOOD this time! Yes, I am aware that it needs to be a lifestyle change, and I am fine with that.

My weakness is I love food and I have a pretty significant sweet tooth. I really don't eat badly. Haven't had fast food in years and don't even like fast food. I only drink water and green tea (no coffee, no soda, no fancy juices) and I drink a Nutribullet fruit/veggie shake at least once a day in the morning. I cook for the most part, but occasionally eat out with friends and occasionally my job orders in lunch and I partake. :(

I used to be a beast in the gym. I miss my daily gym workouts, but I was waking up at 3:35AM to be at the gym by 4:30AM and I worked out till 6AM so I could be on a train to work by 7:30AM. I won't work out at night. After a full day of work, I need to cook dinner and have relaxing me time. I know myself and I am not motivated to work out at night. My work schedule has changed and I now have more flexibility to work out a bit later in the morning. For the winter, I don't like to go to the gym so I recently bought Shaun T's T25 to do at home, Monday through Friday. It's only 25 minutes long, 30 minutes with the cool down, and it's a very intense full body cardio and interval training workout. I love it because it doesn't require an hour or two in the gym. I had started the T25 and it was going great for two weeks, and then I hurt my back, badly. My chiropractor told me I can't exercise for a while. That while became 2 months and by then, I lost my mo-jo again. :(

My issue is this....WHY am I so unmotivated? I have the time and flexibility to do this, I want to do it, and I NEED to do it! I am vain enough that I am dreading spring and summer when the weather will allow less clothing, and I know exactly how fit and sexy I looked when I was in shape and fitting into all the great clothes I have. I need a kick in the pants! I need some accountability partners. If you would like to partner with me to help each other stay motivated and achieve our goals, please contact me and let's do this! I'm sick and tired of being out of shape and my body isn't that far off from being awesome again. All my muscle tone is still there from all the weight lifting I used to do. I just need to get my endurance back and build my core back and I'll be in business 100%.

Sorry for the lengthy post. Looking forward to hearing from others who can help!

Replies

• IamaWunderWuman
    IamaWunderWuman Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I turn 40 in a month and a half...have been in menopause for 7 years (hysterectomy due to cancer). I am a Certified Personal Trainer, a Fitness Instructor and Licensed Zumba instructor - currently not actively teaching.

I had to quit teaching in late October due to my main job becoming too chaotic...and between medications and such I gained 30 lbs. as well.

I'm now "back on the wagon" and would LOVE to be a "Motivational Partner" with you! Just started logging in again...so I have ONE friend on here; one of my former Zumba students who has become one of my best friends!

Feel free to send a friend request if you'd like to! :D

Mel
  • MsMaryMac48
    MsMaryMac48 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I hear where you are coming from. I too was very motivated before and lost over 75 pounds but lost my desire to be at the gym after work. I let my laziness get in the way of getting up early and as a result pretty much stopped exercising in general. I am now trying to get back on the horse and remember what motivated me before. What I do know is that when I go to the gym or run on my treadmill at home I feel great and I remember why I loved it so much before. Now the goal is to do it a little every day so that I don't forget again and I can build my endurance and get back to 'beast mode" like I was once before.

46733158.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • FitSinV
    FitSinV Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I COMPLETELY get where you are coming from .. I lost all my weight when i was younger .. then i gained all the weight back .. and now i keep giving reasons that i lost it all easily coz i was much younger.. and the sad part is im just 26 :( ..
    I am getting married in a year and I cant have a better reason to be motivated however I tend to slip up on my workouts .. I dont manage a standard routine. I keep looking at so many workouts and telling myself i'll do this i'll do that,keep buying so many products and end up doing nothing ! My fiance who is already fit is working his butt off at the gym and im sitting here like a sloth :(
    Ive struggled with PCOS and i got it all under control and now i have let it spin out again.. I NEED TO REGAIN THE CONTROL I HAD !!
    Enough of saying tomorrow .. I am turning to MPF for support .. !!! Feel free to add me !!