Calorie Counters/Heart Rate monitors.

Options
Hi everyone! I know the digital readouts at gyms are not extremeley accurate and I've been meaning to buy something to keep a more accurate reading of my heart rate and the amount of calories burn when I work out. However, I have no clue where to begin looking or what's good/bad. Can you recommend one? I'm looking for accuracy first, but ease of use and cost are also important. If it would be avialable on Amazon, that would be even better because I have gift card from my birthday and figured I put it to good use.

Any and all suggestions welcome! Thanks in advance for any information.

Replies

• russellcframe
    Options
    I'd recommend the Polar FT7 (about $80) and then pick up the optional FlowLink module ($40) so you can upload your results to Polar Personal Trainer online to track your workouts over time.

I've owned several HRM's including ones costing $300+

I and my wife both now each own a simple Polar FT7 and it's my favorite of all I've owned. It doesn't have many features but it does the basics well. It's small and looks decent (I usually just wear it all the time as a watch). I've only had the HR cut out a couple times early in a workout when I forgot to pre-wet the sensor (after a couple minutes a little sweat took care of that). I find the calorie counts to be pretty accurate for me.
  • pinaypanda87
    pinaypanda87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I recommend the Polar FT4 or FT7. I have the FT4 and have never had a problem with it. Just remember you have it right side up cause the sensor will constantly disconnect if you have it on wrong. Aside from that, i have no function complaints.
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I have the polar ft4 and love it.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4. Best $100 I've ever spent.
  • timboman365
    timboman365 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Bluetooth transmitter linked to the Polar Flow App? It directly syncs to your Polar Personal Trainer account. I'm considering this but then I won't need the FT7.
    ts