PB2

Options
Has anyone tried PB2? Is it any good?

Replies

• monisiaczeq
    monisiaczeq Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yes yes yes yes
    Can't emphasise enough how amazing it is! What I love about it is that you can make it thicker or thinner depending on the preference!!
    Yummy in my tummy.
    Never had the chocolate version though.
  • susanlee613
    Options
    Yes very good..my trainer introduced me to it. Put on unsalted rice cakes. Early in the day so you can burn off the carbs..happy eating
  • piejin
    piejin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love real PB, but PB2 is good stuff, too! It's a great way to make protein shakes peanut buttery or to make a sandwich with a huuuge slab of PB (2) in it when you know you don't have room for the calories of the real deal.
  • katiemegcz
    katiemegcz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It is one of my favorite inventions! I travel for work, and it travels beautifully. 45 calories to regular PB's 190? Yes please. It tastes fantastic and doesn't have all of the tasteless oily crud in it. Great on an apple, or some low call whole grain toast, and exceptional in smoothies. You won't regret buying it.
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it with apple slices. Its my breakfast go to. I feel like I can indulge and have extra PB2 without the same guilt as regular pb.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    It's just peanut flour that's been rebranded. I'd suggest saving money and buy the peanut flour directly. I have not had any, but I have heard it's great in shakes and things, but the texture is a little off, so some people don't like it for sandwiches and stuff.
  • luvnocean
    Options
    Everyday...my morning starts out with toast on Sara Lee 45 calorie bread with PB2...Yum, Yum :happy:
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I love my PB2 - it is amazing how the powder has less calories. I use it often!
  • dogetta
    dogetta Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I put it in cottage cheese with some sweetener and plain greek yogurt with sweetener and other things. Add a little water and make a paste and spread on stuff
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I was pretty pumped to find it at Walmart Neighborhood Market this past weekend. Haven't eaten it yet but thanks for the ideas!
  • Wild_Hare
    Wild_Hare Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    YUM! I add to my morning protein shake. It's also a great way to lighten up a Peanut Thai Sauce for shrimp or chicken.
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I like it. Also, if you use Pinterest at all, search PB2 recipes and it will give you some fun new recipes to try. I am going to try a granola bar recipe later today.
  • luvpink8190
    Options
    Yes, you should definately give it a try- I really like to use it in protein shakes and apple slices : )
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    love it!!!
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    YES! I have it every morning in my chocolate protein shake, it tastes like a PB cup.
  • tnkitty
    tnkitty Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    YES! It is so good! I like to mix it and add mini semi-sweet morsels and dip apples in it for a sweet treat.
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Love it! I've actually never made it into peanut butter though. Lol. I throw it in smoothies some times but my favorite way to use it is in baking. I make a lot of low cal muffins and cookies that are awesome and PB2 gives me another way to spice them up flavor wise while keeping the calories lower. Just had a PB2 muffin this morning. MMMM.

So I guess if you don't like it as a peanut butter, there are lots of other ways to use it so you really can't go wrong.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    It's OK. I have some, and like to add it to my oatmeal and non-berry protein shakes, but I don't feel it gives quite the same oomph as real peanut butter - and I add quite a bit.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Just tried it for the first time the other day.
    As a fan of chunky peanut butter, I actually quite enjoyed it.
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    PB2 Chocolate!!! yum!!!!