Hello--42 and obese!

Options
Hello. I'll be 42 next month and years of eating what I want, late-night snacks and not exercising has pushed my weight up to 225 on a skinny 5'10" frame, making me officially...obese! My goal is to drop from 225 to 175, which is the upper end of normal BMI weight, and then go from there. I'm a runner (on-again, off-again), and with spring coming, exercise won't be as big a deal as having the self-control not to overeat. So far, so good--I've dropped about four pounds this week. Hoping it's not water weight as I'm also drinking an extra 64 oz. of water each day.

That's my story. Good luck to you all in each of your journeys!

Replies

• Curvygoth
    Curvygoth Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there

We could be twins - well similar weight, height and age, goals and tendencies - I'm a hammer thrower rather than a runner but after a year out with injury I've not reduced my food intake to match my exercise reduction. I'm now finding new ways to exercise injured and looking forward to better weather to exercise in.

Lets hope we both find the meaning of life this year too!
  • jjking54
    jjking54 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hiya ... 41, taller, and heavier, but still looking to lose 65-75 pounds ... feel free to add me ... and good luck to you both!