Calling All Those on a Low-Carb Diet!

Options
124»

Replies

• MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I've been doing low carb for about three weeks now. I'm down 12 pounds with keeping my carb intake <30 grams of net carbs per day. Just wondering what success others have seen with gradually increasing their carb intake? How many net carbs were you able to consume and still continue to lose weight? I'm comfortable keeping my intake around 30 grams per day, but there are days, like last night, while out to eat with friends, that I would like to increase my carb intake slightly to enjoy a nice meal.
    I first did low carb a few years ago and lost a lot of weight. I slowly introduced things like low carb bread (not specialty expensive stuff...just the lowest net carb bread I could find at the grocery store) and Special K Protein Plus and I still was losing (although not as fast but this was after a few months). I maintained (even while not fully paying attention to carbs) for awhile and if I went up I would just down on carbs until I dropped what I gained. I was able to do this until I got pregnant and then I went wayyy overboard on calories and here I am.

If you follow Atkins there are 4 phases, each phase you add in more carbs and can be less restrictive with your foods. I never really followed Atkins 100% but did look at upping my carbs after a few months.

P.S. I'm doing low carb again since it's the way that works for me to cut down on hunger and overall calories. Take a look at the groups for support/ideas/tips/questions etc. as the regular boards can be pretty anti-low carb for whatever reason.
  • eveshamlass2807
    Options
    I have just joined this site, it will be interesting to see if it works for me - certainly can't do any harm. :wink:
  • Mav3rick54
    Mav3rick54 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    In for the recipes.
  • Polda2010
    Polda2010 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've been on low carb for a while, the only carbs I do are complex ones, I feel so much better. I'm also subscribed to Kent Altena you tube channel, he always has great videos- demos of delish recipes. If anyone would like to add me as well, I'm here everyday. Happy low carbing all and to OP.