Starting Again, for real this time. 100+ lbs to lose.

Options
Hey MFP-ers. :)

My name is Abby, and I'm starting over. This is going to be my third time starting on MFP within the last three years, but I'm planning on sticking to it this time. It's easier because my sister is eating healthy with me, although she's not here on MFP.

I have 100lbs to lose to get to my goal weight. To be in a healthy BMI, I need to lose around 130 lbs, but that will come at a later date.

I'm looking for people that are looking to lose a similar amount of weight.

A little about me. I'm a college student. I'm studying Graphic Design and I'm graduating in less than 8 weeks. I love cats. I have a baby named Dexter, and another baby named Oliver.

Uhhh. Yeah! Let's be friends!

Replies

• HealthyAim
    HealthyAim Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello....I have similar weight loss goals as you. I lost approx 50 pounds last year on MFP and felt great. My knee joints were improved and some of my tummy problems when I ate had gone away. I went off MFP and slowly my old habits started creeping back in and the weight along with it. Feel free to add me and we can motivate each other. I've re-committed to this again and have been logging my food and exercise daily. I need to get back on track.

Take Care,
    Amy
  • Emglyfolk
    Emglyfolk Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi, I need support too. I have 85 to lose and have fallen off track.... this journey is way longer and more difficult than I thought it would be. friend me and we can keep track of each other....
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add to me for support. I'll also hold you accountable for what you eat and do, so don't say I didn't warn you. (I also appreciate the same!) If we're going to get upset when someone points out our bad habits, it means that we're not ready to change them yet.

My advice to you is to start small. Don't diet, eat healthy. By start small, I mean for the first month, just walk 30 minutes each day and make sure you eat fruits & veggies with every meal. That's it. Just start there. You'll be amazed by how far you can get when you start building good habits!

PS: I weigh 245, used to weigh 265, and would ULTIMATELY like to weight 170-130. We'll see when I get there. The main goal for me is to be healthy and happy, and to learn how to pole dance! ;)
  • rprice27
    rprice27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I've been up here a while, and never really used the message boards. I think it would totally help me to have a support group. I have seen results using fitness pal, but it is really difficult for me to stick to it. While I have about 90lbs I want to lose, I thought it would be easier to break it up in 10-15lb increments under my goal settings. Has anyone tried it that way? I would love to be a motivator and support for you all...could you be for me? I appreciate it! 2014 needs to be different!!
  • gemima22
    Options
    Hello!! This is my 2nd time on myfitness pal, my first time was successful and I really transformed my diet and body however just lately all my bad eating habits have started creeping back and I'm starting to slide,I don't want to go back to my old weight! I hope to find some great supportive friends on here that will share tips and their progress and we can push each other with encouragement! Add me guys and goodluck :) x
  • mmotherh
    Options
    Hi - I also have a similar goal, I need to lose more than 100 pounds but I am starting with that as a goal. I was using MFP and lost 50 pounds then I had a slight stroke and things got crazy. I am now ready to get back on track. There are pretty serious limitations to the exercises that I can do because of the stroke and a knee problem that can't be fixed so this does become a little frustrating.

Hope we can support each other and reach our goals. Look forward to hearing about each step of your journey.

Marie
  • Thunder86
    Thunder86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, I actually did weight watchers 2 years ago and lost 30lbs unfortunately i stopped and thought i could keep it up on my own, but alas my old habits came back and i gained everything back. I am starting over on my fitness pal this year and so far i've been struggling again trying to kick those habits. I think its great to have others supporting you, a couple of people in my family and coworkers have joined so we use each other for support and to keep on track. I'm trying to lose 60lb to be at a healthy weight and bmi.

Good Luck!
    Stormy
  • McKenzieLeigh
    McKenzieLeigh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I only have about 65-75 pounds to lose, but this is my 2nd time around too. The first time I only logged here and there when I remembered and never made a commitment. I am on day 36 now and I have lost 10 pounds. I love to have new friends anytime!
  • desomes
    Options
    Hi Everyone, My name is Diann and I am 41. I joined mfp quite awhile ago and never really got motivated in it and only logged in once in awhile. I am back and ready to go. I want to be held accountable for my actions and of what I eat. My husband and I have joined a gym together and I have been going everyday and walking and doing some muscle strengthening. I would love to have support from people that are in the same boat as me. My husband is a big support but he is in generally good shape with only about 10 to 20 lbs. to lose. Where I on the other hand have at least 80 (that is my first goal). I am not sure how to add friends or anything so if you are interested in supporting each other please feel free to add me.
  • BeHappyRobin
    BeHappyRobin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for adding me we can encourage each other.:flowerforyou:
  • 10BlueDoves
    10BlueDoves Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am sending you a friend request. I started last July with a goal to lose about 130, I am not quite half way there yet but I keep chugging along. I also log daily, the good, the great and the oh so very ugly sometimes.
  • jrwilliams124
    jrwilliams124 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Jen and I have actually have about 165-175 pounds to lose so I have a long journey ahead and would love more friends. I have found it really helps to have others with the same goal types supporting each other. I am married and a mother of 4 children ages 20, 15, 7, and 2. I have lost about 21 pounds total from both attemps and about 12.6 this time and still going. Please feel free to add me!
  • linluvsbirda1
    linluvsbirda1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My name is Linda. I have 73+ to go and want to be fit at 40. I have until January and am DETERMINED.
  • beepaz
    beepaz Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been on MFP for a year now, i did get discouraged for a while but i'm back on as you are too! :) 25 down so far, and at least another 100 to go! i'm always glad to have new friends and more support!
  • Spacegirlley
    Spacegirlley Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi, friend request sent :)

Anyone can feel free to add me as well. This is my second time here, this time it is working out better. I am actually dedicated this time. I've lost 3kg so far (6.6lbs) but still have another 48kg to go (105lbs). I log on every day and love sharing in everyone's journey. We all need support to reach our end goals!
  • BeginningNoStop
    BeginningNoStop Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy I found this thread. I have been having the same problem. Its been difficult for me to get back on the losing weight wagon every since I had the baby a year ago. I want to start over and seriously commit to this.
  • stepbystep24
    Options
    I have 85 pounds to lose. Recently re-committed to tracking daily. I would like the support of others who have similar amount of weight to lose and in return I'm happy to help provide you support and motivation.
  • MrsHyland
    MrsHyland Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am back at this again as well. I'm feeling a lot better about it this time around though. It sounds like you are too. Feel free to add me. I try to offer encouragement. It helps to have cheerleaders sometimes. Good luck to you in this difficult journey. WE CAN DO IT!!
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm with you. I'm starting over. I've been screwing up for almost a year. I have no idea how much weight I've gained back. Kind of scared to even step on the scale but I will in the next few days. I'd like the support and to also give support. GW:130-140 Last weight I remember was in the 170's. That was a while ago so I know it's pretty up since then.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!#! :-)

Best of luck on your journey!!