S.B.F. Challenge. . .August 3rd

Options
Morning? (is everyone out of town?. . .I can't remember. Mary and MM may have melted.)

So, today was supposed to be dance class, but I think I'm going to the gym instead. Yesterday, I discovered the wonders of the steam room. I did intervals on the elliptical for a half hour, then an hour with my trainer (including a really great partner stretch. . .which is pretty much my favorite part of a session) and then I went in the steam room for 20 minutes. I could have stayed there all day. Totally relaxing. . .how did I not know about this? My previous sauna experience has been all dry sauna. . .not as fun. It was also very helpful to my muscles.

So, today is probably another short interval session on the elliptical and a steam room visit.

Yesterday was date night, which involved a three mile walk. . .that wouldn't have happened a few years back. Although, the walk was to the gelateria and back. (that would have happened) Damn those delicious italian ice cream makers with their addictive dessert. (still stayed w/in calories due to the walk. . .gotta love that.)

Oh my, I'm writing a novel.

Happy workouts!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Morning? (is everyone out of town?. . .I can't remember. Mary and MM may have melted.)

So, today was supposed to be dance class, but I think I'm going to the gym instead. Yesterday, I discovered the wonders of the steam room. I did intervals on the elliptical for a half hour, then an hour with my trainer (including a really great partner stretch. . .which is pretty much my favorite part of a session) and then I went in the steam room for 20 minutes. I could have stayed there all day. Totally relaxing. . .how did I not know about this? My previous sauna experience has been all dry sauna. . .not as fun. It was also very helpful to my muscles.

So, today is probably another short interval session on the elliptical and a steam room visit.

Yesterday was date night, which involved a three mile walk. . .that wouldn't have happened a few years back. Although, the walk was to the gelateria and back. (that would have happened) Damn those delicious italian ice cream makers with their addictive dessert. (still stayed w/in calories due to the walk. . .gotta love that.)

Oh my, I'm writing a novel.

Happy workouts!:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered why my gym has a sauna - just go outside - wondered the same thing about the tanning bed. So, they've changed the forecast and it's only going to be 103-105 the next two days. Husband and I were looking at the forecast and I said, "oh, look it's only going to be 95 on Tuesday." Sometimes I wonder how those without AC with summer in the south.

Yesterday I, gasp, took a day off. I walked, with no incline (gasp again), for 2 miles. Today, off to the gym where they have the AC set at 74 or so. Wrist started complaining again, especially when emptying the dishwasher?, so I'm back on advil.

V, I'm now having dreams of a gelateria. I've been to gelato places, but I'm picturing a mall full of different Italian ice creams. Not a big rich ice cream fan, but I love my gelato. 240 calories 1/2 cup, yum - oh and that's the restaurant quality stuff - you can find it for fewer calories.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    This gelato place has about fifty flavors. . .all made in house by a guy who moved here five years ago from Rome. It is the devil. But, oh such a wonderful devil. . .

My husband and I just had to talk ourselves out of going there again today. . .it's that good. At least the three mile walk (round trip) offsets the calories some.:tongue:

I can't explain my current addiction to heat. It does relax my muscles particularly well (fibro stuff) so that's part of it. Maybe it's because I'm from Florida and my body is homesick? Who can say. . .
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    vvk is fibro stuff, fibromyalgia? I have it so I wondered if it was the same? I hate being cold! That's a bummer living in Vermont lol.I stopped walking and my knees hurt, so I have to start again. Oh well, just wanted to chat.