Vanilla Quinoa Pudding recipe

Options
Vanilla Quinoa Pudding
Quinoa in this application results in a cross between rice pudding and tapioca, with more protein than either.

•3 cups whole milk (works well with soy or nut milk for a vegan version)
•1 vanilla bean (split, or 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract)
•1/4 cup maple syrup
•pinch of salt
•1 cup quinoa
Rinse quinoa. Mix milk, vanilla, maple syrup and salt in a saucepan and set on simmer. Add quinoa and cook for 30 minutes, stirring frequently (but not constantly).Once thickened, remove from heat and allow to cool. Serve warm, or refrigerate. Top with all kinds of delicious tidbits; berries, dried fruit, nuts, nutmeg, brown sugar, etc.

Replies

• francesstewart1
    Options
    This sounds awesome. Am flirting with being vego and just bought quinoa today so will need to give it a go :)

• Yarnpiggie
    Options
    That sounds delicious. I believe i have a bunch of quinoa at home. Need to try this out.
  • julest25
    julest25 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this. Sounds delicious!
  • anotheryearolder
    anotheryearolder Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Now THAT sounds yummy - thanks!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Sounds good.

Thanks for sharing.
  • becomingsara
    Options
    OH YUM!
    Thank you for posting!
    Do you by chance have the nutritional breakdown? (specifically cals and protein).
  • cjnorman
    Options
    Wow a dessert with protein. I love rice pudding, so this should be great. Of couse my husband hates quinoa.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    OH YUM!
    Thank you for posting!
    Do you by chance have the nutritional breakdown? (specifically cals and protein).

I’ve added it to the recipe section of MFP entitled “Vanilla Quinoa Pudding”

BUT, I made this a healthier way. I don’t even think people on MFP have heard of whole milk, lol jokes!

What I plan to make using skim milk and sugar-free syrup and vanilla extract is

139 calories, 1 g fiber, 22g carbs, 9g protein and 4 g fat per serving (serves 4).
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Sounds great, thanks for sharing...