are you pregnant?

Options
how many of you get asked this... when you are not??

grrrrr

Replies

• tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Never happens to me. Maybe it's the beard?!
  • MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I did at my heaviest, and I don't even carry my weight in my tummy. I was so upset the first time it happened...I was volunteering serving a buffet fundraiser dinner and one of the guests asked me when I was due as I was handing him his serving of whatever. I was so distressed I actually ran off crying.
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Never, but it happened to my best friend when we were 16... :( not cool. She was devastated.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I had a former student who kept talking about the impending arrival of my little one during one of our conversations. I was so embarrassed, I didn't even correct him :).
  • Cracken99
    Cracken99 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I would say "Nope, thank god it's just Fat", at 48 years old with 5 adult childen it would be horrible timing.
    I have never been asked this question (I do all over fat not just tummy) , but I will admit that I have had this question of other people, but I would NEVER ask!
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    It happened to me once.

It was the day I've decided to lose weight. Never went back to that weight either...
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    My little girl did that when she was just under 3 years old. As loudly as a preschooler could ask, in the middle of the store: "ARE YOU PREGNANT OR ARE YOU JUST FAT?" she was sweet enough to assume the options for the poor woman who growled at us in response...
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I'm a substitute teacher and it's literally happened 10 times. I gained 20 pounds since high school. All in my belly.
  • underw64
    underw64 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I was holding my son in a Gap store, and someone asked me how old he was. I responded that he was 7 months old (or so) and she said, "And when is this one due?" and patted my belly. I said, "Oh...I'm not pregnant." She said, "Good." and walked off.

wtf?