Starting a 200 lbs Weight Loss Journey

Options
Hi, I'm 23 and I currently weight 370 lbs, as much as I hate to admit it. However, I feel if I post this publicly and get feedback that it will keep me on track with my journey. I'm tired of making excuses as to why I can't get thinner. I need to stop putting my health at risk over a pizza.

Goals:

1. I'm engaged and our wedding isn't until Halloween of 2015 and I would really like to be able to wear a mermaid style dress.
2. I want to be able to raise my future children.
3. I want to meet, and watch my grandchildren grow up.
4. I want to live a better life.
5. I want to live a longer life.
6. I want to do this for me.
7. I want to do this for my mom who passed away from 3 types of cancer barely over a year ago (she was only 43).
8. I want to have the ability to do things I couldn't before.
9. I need change in my life.
10. I want to inspire others.

So, if anyone is out there that would like to take this journey/help me with this journey please feel free to friend me. I am more than willing to listen to any advice/tips. I would appreciate any recipes I could get my hands on.

I've already burned 897 calories today (my first day actually trying to work out) and I plan on making it to 1000 before bed time! I'm beyond ready for this change to happen and ready to finally see it through!

Replies

• MonsonD60
    MonsonD60 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wishing you luck, just remember it is a journey not a destination
  • luvclay10
    luvclay10 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    wow you do sound motivated! realize there are ups and downs that come with the commitment, don't give up even if you fall once in awhile, realize this is a journey for a healthy you . A whole new beginning and i am sure your mom is proud you have chosen healthy. Good luck and this is the right place to be so many good helpful people all cheering each other on!
  • firelight4321
    firelight4321 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your first step. Really! Posting here and acknowledging you want real change is a big step!

Just remember to post if you need encouragement, or reprimanding, or any kind of support! The community here will be sure to offer tips and love.

And, it helps not to think of it as a diet, ever! You get to eat whatever you want really! Just watching your calorie intake and changing the choices you make in food will show a huge difference.

BEST of luck to you!
  • lafilledelarue
    lafilledelarue Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sending you a private email message.
  • feferighteous
    feferighteous Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I feel so much love and support already. Thank you all for taking the time to read this and reply to it. :)
  • StarFall90
    StarFall90 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I also need to lose 200 pounds. Feel free to add me :D
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Awesome reasons!

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!!!!

We are here to help. Glad you're ready to find a new you!
  • FootballKate1
    FootballKate1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Need to lose about 180 lbs. I will be happy to go along with you and help all I can. My first piece of advise is to do it now while you are young and not old like me lol. Will send friend request.
  • deeptirao1
    Options
    I know how you feel and You can do this:) .Small changes in the beginning and keep increasing the change in your lifestyle .Start with drinking at least 1.5-2 ltrs of water everyday. Don't go for drastic changes immediately,but everyday you will start seeing the difference in you :) nothing motivates more than fitting back in your old jeans :) keep small short term goals to reach your long term goals.

I hope they help coz they sure did help me :)
    Cheers
  • feferighteous
    Options
    Thank you all for the love and support!
  • Tracie524
    Tracie524 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just started in January and I have a lot of weight to lose too. I have found this place to be great and people are very helpful. It helps to have a support system. I sent you a friend request.
  • stevieboycraig
    Options
    I believe it's all about lifestyle change - adopt healthy eating and exercise as a natural course and not as a 'fix it' solution, enjoy the process.
    Good luck.
  • mikeruz
    mikeruz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 23 and I currently weight 370 lbs, as much as I hate to admit it. However, I feel if I post this publicly and get feedback that it will keep me on track with my journey. I'm tired of making excuses as to why I can't get thinner. I need to stop putting my health at risk over a pizza.

Goals:

1. I'm engaged and our wedding isn't until Halloween of 2015 and I would really like to be able to wear a mermaid style dress.
    2. I want to be able to raise my future children.
    3. I want to meet, and watch my grandchildren grow up.
    4. I want to live a better life.
    5. I want to live a longer life.
    6. I want to do this for me.
    7. I want to do this for my mom who passed away from 3 types of cancer barely over a year ago (she was only 43).
    8. I want to have the ability to do things I couldn't before.
    9. I need change in my life.
    10. I want to inspire others.

So, if anyone is out there that would like to take this journey/help me with this journey please feel free to friend me. I am more than willing to listen to any advice/tips. I would appreciate any recipes I could get my hands on.

I've already burned 897 calories today (my first day actually trying to work out) and I plan on making it to 1000 before bed time! I'm beyond ready for this change to happen and ready to finally see it through!

You have some awesome goals and motivation to get it done! Good luck to you!
  • feferighteous
    Options
    I have the start of a fantastic support group! Thanks everyone who added me. I feel that this will keep me motivated. Also, a special thank you to all of those who have been sending me inspiring messages along with the friend requests. :)
  • ruth76016
    ruth76016 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think using fitness pal is a very good tool. you can do anything you set your mind too!
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I suggest printing out your great list of reasons and putting it somewhere you can look at it every day. Losing weight and getting fitter is a marathon, not a sprint, and it can be discouraging sometimes to see how slowly you make progress. If you're tempted to give in, take a look at your reasons not to.

Also, after a few weeks, compare your results with your goals, and adjust your exercise and food accordingly. All the numbers in MFP, from your calorie needs to your food log and exercise calories, are estimates. You need to check them against reality: scale weight (which is useful if you don't obsess over it), but also measurements. I found after my first month that I was losing slower than my 1.5 lb./week goal, by about 200 calories a day. If I had wanted to lose that fast, I would have changed my goal, but I was OK with 1.1 lb./week. What matters is that I had the data to show how my reality differed from MFP's estimates.

Good luck!
  • acarmelo1
    acarmelo1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi, how are? I hope that you manage to complete your goals.
    I was just looking at your diary, and I know you started today, but seeing your previous days I will advice you a complete stop of Soft Drinks from now on.

I used to drink at least 2 liters of coca cola per day, I have complete stopped that and replaced that with water. It will help you lose ton of calories you gained from the soft drinks.

Congrats and keep it up. =D
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    good luck on your journey
  • gobraves47
    gobraves47 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it!
  • Otissgirl
    Options
    Congrats to you for taking the first step! I've been a member of the Myfitnesspal family for years. I started off strong in the being and gained ever pound of the 68 I'd lost after my husband had a major heard attack at the age of 34. We have 3 children and I put me on the back burner. Today I'm at my heaviest weight ever in life. I vowed to myself when on my prior weight loss journey that I'd never see the numbers again that I left behind on the scale. Well look at me now. As of this morning I've gotten back to basics and restarted my journey. Note I said "restarted" as opposed to "began" . Because weight loss is a journey. There will be a lot of ups and downs. And you will fall off the wagon from time to time. I life to believe I just fell off the wagon for a longer period of time than most. Nevertheless, with great support, encouragement and belief and want to do it....you will succeed. The first step is the hardest. You've conquered that obstacle already....

You go girl...... :)