Is it normal?

Options
to feel very tired after working out? Like to need a nap every time. I have been doing for three weeks now with some down days to lift weights. I have recently started to drink more water, I now sweat and seem more tired. Before with not drinking much water I didn't sweat at all. I have lost 3lbs in three days.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    No, it's not normal.

How much are you eating? Sounds like you are either under-eating or you've been trying to get by with not enough sleep.
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    That's hard to say without any real useful information.

What do you do at the gym. How often are you going? What are you doing?
    How many calories are you eating?

Drinking more water will cause more sweat and pee to come out of your body, and a big WHOOSH like that is typically water weight adjustments in your body.
  • comeoutontop
    comeoutontop Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1200 calories a day. I don't go to a gym I don't have a car. I jog in place, do jumping jacks, and p90x ab ripper x. Today I actually jogged for about ten minuets after walking down a steep hill I jogged up it. I usually just jog in place I know that's easier.
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    If exercise is wiping you out, you are probably not eating enough. Do you eat back your exercise calories?
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I would say 1200 calories is way too low for you
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1200 calories a day. I don't go to a gym I don't have a car. I jog in place, do jumping jacks, and p90x ab ripper x. Today I actually jogged for about ten minuets after walking down a steep hill I jogged up it. I usually just jog in place I know that's easier.

1200 calories is way too little. The only people who should ever eat that are very petite women who don't exercise much. Looking at your ticker and picture, you are a guy just under 200 lbs. Rough guess, but you should probably be eating somewhere closer 2000 to lose.
  • comeoutontop
    Options
    ok thanks. I try to eat the same before I started exercising at the beginning of the month because I never really over ate I just wasn't into exercising or drinking water much.
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I'd be more than happy to calculate numbers for you.... since you have a boy-part, 1200 is too low. Please PM.
  • RobinME
    RobinME Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating enough.
  • comeoutontop
    Options
    alright I'm going to eat more. It just seems like the more I lose weight the less hungry I get.
  • bluearmy28
    bluearmy28 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Increase your calories by 200-300 and see how you feel. If it doesn't help keep increasing until you can get rid of that feeling. Your body is telling you that you need more fuel.
  • eyecandyrayce
    eyecandyrayce Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You can always try adding some higher calorie protein drinks for after you work out to give yourself some extra calories and give you muscles the protein it needs. :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    alright I'm going to eat more. It just seems like the more I lose weight the less hungry I get.

Your hormones are messed up from undereating for at least three weeks.

Hormones are responsible for the hunger response.

Get your calories up to about 2000 a day. You'll still lose weight and you won't be endangering your health.
  • comeoutontop
    Options
    thanks everyone for the reply's this is the first time I have actually been motivated and ready to stick with it. I used to be a lot heavier. but this is the first time I have actually went without drinking sodas and exercising as much as I do now. I have a lot to learn. I think I'm going to read up on google.
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    No, you're more than likely underreating and over exercising....very common....
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options

1,200 really does sound low for any guy, and if you're exercising on top of that, whew. Then the tiredness - sounds like you might be pushing really hard.

Are you losing weight really fast?
  • comeoutontop
    Options
    Ive lost a lb a day for the last four days.
  • browncurlz3
    Options
    I say eat more. Replenish with food immediately after a workout, with food. Specifically carbs.

Good job on the weight loss, but if you want to keep this as a lifestyle, you have to eat a bit more. Just try 100-200 calories for a couple weeks. You'll likely notice more energy.

Good luck no matter whose advice you go with!
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    The more you lose, the less hungry you are ...

Hmm .... try to just fill your diet with more calorie heavy snacks! Nuts, yogurt, granola ....
  • nigelwood3
    Options
    Ive lost a lb a day for the last four days.

OK that is much too fast unless its your first week. 2lb per week is a good upper target f you don't want to risk getting weaker as you get thinner.