Fitbit Zip and Bra Location

Options
Good Afternoon,

I am on my 4th fitbit zip since August 2013. The first one was DOA, and the next 2 were replaced because of battery issues. Well this 4th one is having battery issues as well, as in, Its been 1 month since i had it, and the battery died already. So Im trying to figure out if there is anything I can do to keep it running longer.

Currently I have been wearing it on the upper right cup of my bra, just below the strap. Is there too much casual motion there that is keeping it on all the time? Would it help if i moved it to my less dominant hand side?

I made a switch to a new kind of bra where the underwire doesnt come up in the middle very far anymore, about 1/2 an inch, so I stopped wearing the fitbit in the middle of the bra between my boobs because it was resting on my chest and moving up and down when i breathed. Ive been having problems since then! Im not willing to go back to the old style bra, so looking for other tips.

Where are you wearing your fitbit zip and how is the battery life in that location?

Replies

• thesimsisters
    thesimsisters Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    What were your other battery issues with the other units as you say this is your 4th one? I am wearing mine in the middle of my bra in front during the day (work etc). In the evening at home I move it to my waistband of my sweats, pajama pants, workout clothes or whatever. I have had mine since Christmas day, and just last night I got the message that my battery is low. That is almost two months on the battery that came with it. So not too good as it had said 4-6 months. Ordered from Amazon so hoping to get the new batteries before it goes out on me. I was planning on getting some next month as that would be three months, but this happened a little sooner than expected.

Edit: I do sync a lot at work and at home, as I like to know my adjustments to MFP calories. Also like to know how many steps at work...without going down my shirt LOL! So I'm assuming syncing often uses more battery power, but I would not say that I sync excessive amount to make it only 2 months.
  • stryla
    stryla Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Battery issues where the battery would require replacing in less than a month, and while customer service was considering my replacement request, a brand new battery asked for replacement after 4 days. Needless to say, they sent me a replacement. And that replacement, the first battery needed to be replaced after 3 weeks.

Hard not to find the common element in all of this, being me. So looking to see if there is anything I can do to improve battery life. I bluetooth sync once or twice a day and made sure I do not have selected for it to update on its own. Ive changed the location where im wearing it, but I dont even notice it when i have it on my bra, but on my pants it always feels like its digging in to me.
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I wear mine on the waist band of my pants/jeans/sweats/skirt or what have you. I never wear it on my bra.
  • arobed53
    arobed53 Posts: 2,004 Member
    Options
    Can you tell me the cost of the battery? If you have to change it often, that would add to the cost - but spread it over time. I have a fitbit one and love it but helping a friend chose who would spend less if possible.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    arobed53 wrote: »
    Can you tell me the cost of the battery? If you have to change it often, that would add to the cost - but spread it over time. I have a fitbit one and love it but helping a friend chose who would spend less if possible.

It depends. At WalMart I've picked up 2 packs and they're around $5 and change. At Staples it was $5 for just one battery.
    Battery lasts about 2 months avg for me, with a lot of use.

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    arobed53 wrote: »

@arobed53 - it will depend. When I used the Zip, I would buy a 5 pack of energizers off of amazon for around $3. Walmart has them in 2 packs for $5. About $5 for 1 at Walgreens. I would usually get 2-3 months out of a battery.

examples:
    5- $3.75 or 10 - $5.25 (free shipping either way)
  • ZebsterBC
    ZebsterBC Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    When I had my Zip, the battery lasted a little over 3 months on average. I switched to the One, which is rechargeable and get about a week and a half on each charge. I always use the all day sync setting and clip it to my bra on the upper part of the cup with the clip on the outside and the tracker against the skin. I don't use underwire bras, tho I doubt that would affect it.
    Try buying a battery from a local store. Maybe it's their batteries.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I bought my zip on the 28th of March and had to replace the battery on the 24th of April. As soon as i saw that little battery icon I literally hightailed it straight to the store at 10 at night to get more batteries!!!!.
    It was still counting my steps but stopped syncing to mfp and my dashboard.

Mine automatically syncs every 15-20 minutes, I think.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Oh and I have mine securely placed in the middle of my bra in between my boobs. I have been busted gawking down my shirt multiple times!! :laugh: :tongue:
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Oh and I have mine securely placed in the middle of my bra in between my boobs. I have been busted gawking down my shirt multiple times!! :laugh: :tongue:

Me too!!

• brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I have had mine for 9-10 months. I've changed the battery twice. I sync 2-3 times per day, and I wear it on my waistband. Usually pants, but panties if I'm wearing a dress. I've never thought it was uncomfortable there.
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second zip now. The first one the battery would last 3-4 months, then it started wanting a new battery every 2 months until it finally just went dud. I put a new battery in and it wouldn't power on anymore. My new one so far has been about every 3 months but I do sometimes get low battery indicator emails even when the battery is showing a full charge. Wonky. I do wear mine in my bra, right in between the boobage. Thought about buying the charge hr but I really really love my zip and I'm not sure I want to wear a Fitbit on my wrist.